[Sust-mar] Education Advisors, Sierra Club, Atlantic Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Nov 5 20:20:50 EDT 2010

[as posted to PlanetVolunteer.net]

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY

Position: Advisory Committee on Education

Location: Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island,

    Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador)

The Sierra Club Canada Atlantic Canada Chapter was established in 2000, and since 2003 our environmental education programs have been our strongest component. Looking forward we want help with funding, expanding, developing, and evaluating our programing.

We've received funding to develop an advisory committee that would help our environmental education staff to continue to deliver the highest level of relevant environmental education programs. Now all we need is you!

If you have experience in the educational sector, experience grant writing, or you just have a passion for environmental education then we'd like to have you on our Advisory Committee on Education (ACE). The committee will be responsible for helping with fund-raising, programming, and strategic planning for our Environmental Education programs. We'd like to have equal representation from each of the Atlantic Provinces to ensure all the varied perspectives of our chapter are represented. It is our goal to ensure that our environmental education programming is as grassroots member driven as the rest of our campaigns!

If you're interested in being a part of ACE or you have questions please e-mail our volunteer coordinator, Emma Hebb, at emmah at sierraclub.ca or phone her at 902-444-3113.

If you're under the age of 25 we're also recruiting for a Youth Advisory Committee that would ensure our programming is directed to and by Youth, if interested e-mail or phone Emma Hebb (information listed above).

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS

http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

Un-subscribe: planetfriendly.net/goodworkunsubscribe.html

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca