[Sust-mar] NS Food Policy Council Opportunities

Mark Austin m.austin at xplornet.com
Tue Oct 12 10:59:49 EDT 2010

Nova Scotia Food Policy Council

Call for Nominations & Participation

(Please respond by October 16)

Concerned about food issues?

We invite you to participate in the newly-formed Nova Scotia Food Policy
Council to develop policies in support of the wonderful work being done
across Nova Scotia to re-shape our food system.

The Nova Scotia Food Policy Council is a citizens' group working with
communities, organizations, and governments to develop and implement
policies and programs that ensure an equitable, healthy, and sustainable
local food system, responsive to the economic, environmental, social, and
cultural needs of Nova Scotians. (Mission Statement, 2010 NSFPC Memorandum
of Association)

To assure a strong voice, we seek members of all ages with diverse
experience and perspectives from across the Province.  Our Food Policy
Council is preparing for the members to elect its first Board and to staff
committees with volunteers.  There are opportunities to serve in the
following positions:

.         Board Members (21 positions of 1, 2, or 3 year terms);

*	Executive Officers of the Board (4 positions);
*	Standing Committee Chairs (4 positions at present);

.         Committee Members (no fixed number);

.         Volunteers for specific tasks, events, and future committees.

To become a member, volunteer, self-nominate, or recommend someone else to
be part of the leadership of the Nova Scotia Food Policy Council, please
contact Mark Austin, Nominations Committee Chair, at: m.austin at xplornet.com.
A Nominations & Participation Form will be forwarded to you.  Thanks.