[Sust-mar] Waste Reduction Week challenges Oct 18-24

Kari Riddell riddell at clean.ns.ca
Wed Oct 13 13:43:45 EDT 2010

Waste Reduction Week - October 18-24
www.wrwcanada.com

How can you get involved?

Take part in the Ease My Load Contest
Our new mascot, Atlas, needs your help to reduce waste and lighten his load.
Anyone can take part in this contest by simply visiting www.wrwcanada.com.
We want to see your waste reduction actions and we want you to bring Atlas
along for the ride!
**
Take up the Recycle My Cell Challenge
Canadian secondary schools and post-secondary institutions are challenged to
recycle as many old wireless devices and accessories as possible between
October 18, and November 30, 2010 as part of the Recycle My Cell Challenge.

You will be doing a good thing for the environment, while helping some great
causes at the same time. You could also win some cool prizes.

Instructions:
Step 1 – To register in Nova Scotia please visit www.clean.ns.ca. There is a
link on the home page as well as on the Waste Reduction Week program page.
 Step 2: You will receive a RMC box, as well as postage-paid mailing labels
via UPS.

Step 3: Simply set up your RMC recovery box in a convenient location at your
site and display some posters. You are now ready to have people place their
mobile phones and accessories in the recovery box!

Step 4 – At the end of the challenge on November 30, 2010, mail in your
recovered mobile devices and accessories.

Step 5 – On December 15, 2010, Waste Reduction week and Recycle My Cell will
announce the winners in each province and territory.

EASY!

The Challenge starts on October 18, 2010. Visit www.clean.ns.ca to register
now and challenge other post secondary institutions or high schools to do
the same!

Waste Reduction Week posters are available by calling 420-7927 or
1800-665-5377.  Digital copies are also available for newsletters or other
publications.

Thank you!

Kari Riddell
Program Coordinator