[Sust-mar] Forest Rally Reminder - Friday 10am, rain or shine

Peter Watson pwatson at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 28 09:48:57 EDT 2010

Forest Rally Reminder!

Please join us on Friday morning Oct 29, 10:00, at the Nova Scotia Legislature (1726 Hollis St., Halifax) for a rally of support for our forests and the communities that depend on them.

A few passionate speakers will say a few words about forests and forestry, and there'll be musical performances as well -- it's going to be fun!

Together, we will send a clear and strong message of support for change:
1) dramatically reduce clearcutting through regulation,
2) better support people who are practicing responsible forestry, and
3) reduce subsidizes for those who clearcut our forests.

With sensible forestry, we can promote both economic and ecological value in our forests. Healthy communities depend on healthy forests, and vibrant forests can provide long-term jobs and high-value trees for value-added industries.

If you haven't done so, please consider spreading the word about this rally. For those on Facebook, you can join Nova Scotians for Healthy Forests.

Questions? Contact Jamie Simpson at 429 1335 or eacforestry at gmail.com