[Sust-mar] Save the Date: Growing Green Festival 2011 - July 23rd

Leon de Vreede leon at ruralsustainability.org
Tue Apr 12 16:52:33 EDT 2011

On July 23, Bridgewater (and area!) will be "Growing Green!"  This unique
festival is dedicated to "sustainability".  It is a fun and educational
introduction to the idea that all people can live within the Earth's means,
while meeting their basic needs.  Bridgewater's main street is transformed
into a colourful mosaic that includes farm-fresh local foods, displays full
of products that can help your family leave a lighter footprint on the
Earth, loads of Earth-friendly activities for kids, and an endless line-up
of our freshest local musical and performing talent.  Ever wondered how
people power their cars on veggie oil or make their own clothing from
scratch using recycled materials?  Our "green living skills demonstrators"
will show you how you can do it all yourself using the best of traditional
and modern techniques.  Best of all, the whole event is completely free!

Interested?  We're now looking for:

.         Volunteers for the day of the event, and volunteers to help plan
it (many hands make light work!)

.         Expressions of interest from community groups, businesses and
organizations to participate on the day of the event (let us know who you
are and we'll send you an application package)

Simply send an email to growinggreenfest at gmail.com or leave a message at
(902) 541-4390.

Otherwise, please just mark the date in your calendars, and we hope you'll
join us on July 23rd  so we can improve our community, meet our neighbours,
and celebrate the simple things we can all do to make a difference.  More
information coming soon at www.growinggreenfest.com (you can also find
photos and information on last year's event there).

Leon de Vreede

On behalf of the Growing Green! Festival planning committee

Bridgewater, NS