[Sust-mar] Upcoming events at Falls Brook Centre

Falls Brook Centre fallsbrook at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 08:44:29 EDT 2011

*UPCOMING EVENTS AT FALLS BROOK CENTRE***

SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER

*September 10th and 11th: Falls Brook Centre Annual Fall Fair*

The Fall Fair is a great event for the whole family, with activities and
showcases of interest to all ages.

This year, Falls Brook Centre is hosting a Youth entrepreneurship showcase.
We are gathering youth from all around the county willing to present their
business, organization or social involvement. There will be presentations
and displays of our local youth’s businesses and artistic achievements.

Alongside the Youth Entrepreneurship Showcase, the Falls Brook Fair
festivities will continue on as usual, with great local food, music, and
artisans. The Fair with be held September 10th and 11th from 9:00 AM to 5:00
PM. Admission is $5 per person, with children under 7 free. The Fair
continues to be a smoke, alcohol and pet free environment.

Don’t miss our Saturday night concert in the barn featuring Jim Blewett, an
EMCA nominee. Tickets are $20 at the door and the show begins at 8:00 PM.

For more information please contact julia at fallsbrookcentre.ca or phone (506)
375-4310.

You can also check out our website at www.fallsbrookcentre.ca

* *

*
*********************************************************************************************************************
*

* *

*Year of the Forest: Workshop series*

*Caring for our Forest Ecosystems*

* *

*August 30:* Tree and Shrub Pruning and Maintenance

*September 6:* Forest Nursery and Planting

*September 20:* Land, Water and Forest Restoration

Fee: $ 100.00 per day

Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Contact: Jean Arnold  e-mail: ja at fallsbrookcentre.ca

* *

*
**********************************************************************************************************************
*

* *

* *

*Concerts in the Barn*

* *

*August 28th*: Sandman Viper Command and the Paint Movement
*September 6th*: Jon Davis

Music will start at 8 PM, admission is free.

For more information, contact julia at fallsbrookcentre.ca
* *
* * *September 24th: Introduction to Ground Source Heat Pumps***

*Falls Brook Centre will be hosting a workshop on Ground Source Heat Pumps *

We will be looking at the basics of geothermal energy, refrigeration cycle,
system design and heat transfer. We will also be taking a tour of our
renewable energy systems here at Falls Brook Centre.

The workshop runs from 9-5 on Saturday. Registration fees are $70 (½ price
for students & seniors).

Additional meals, accommodations, and tenting also available. Space is
limited, so book your spot today!

For more information on this workshop and to register, please contact Jason

Email: jason at fallsbrookcentre.ca or phone: (506) 375-4310.
* * *Adapting to Climate Change in Rural New Brunswick
*

Falls Brook Center will be conducting a series of community meetings that
engage members about how they can adapt too and mitigate the effects of
climate change.

*Session 1**: *Information gathering session. This will include a community
asset mapping survey and everybody will be given a chance to voice there
concerns related to climate change.

*Session 2**: *Presentations on climate change with professionals from
within Carleton County. Topics such as Urban and Rural Infrastructure, Fresh
Water, Biodiversity, and Agriculture will be presented.

*Session 3**: *We will be compiling some of the major issues and presenting
them at the meeting.

*Dates for Florenceville (Community Hall)*

*Session 1**: *Friday, October 7th

*Session 2**: *Friday, December 9th

*Session 3**: *Friday, February 10th

*Dates for Woodstock (New Brunswick Community College)*

*Session 1: *Tuesday, October 4th

*Session 2: *Wednesday, December 7th

*Session 3: *Wednesday, February 8th

All meetings will be held at the Florenceville Community Hall from 6:30 to
8:30.

Coffee, Tea and Snacks will be provided.

If you have any questions, please call Jason at 506-375-4310 or email
jason at fallsbrookcentre.ca

Thanks to our partners Intact Insurance and New-Brunswick Community College

--
Falls Brook Centre
125 South Knowlesville rd.