[Sust-mar] Organic Vegetable Farm Manager, f/t, Selwood Green Organic Farm, Bramber, Nova Scotia
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Aug 23 14:20:52 EDT 2011
[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
Position: Organic Vegetable Farm Manager
Organization: Selwood Green Organic Farm
Location: Bramber, Nova Scotia
Selwood Green, a 60 acre mixed vegetable farm in Bramber, NS, is looking to hire a qualified individual as Farm Manager for the winter of 2011 and the 2012 growing season.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of four years experience with vegetable production.
- Have a minimum of two years experience working on farms in a supervisory capacity.
- Have attained at least a Bachelor's degree.
- Be capable of managing the strenuous schedule and taxing physical nature of vegetable production.
- Understand and advocate for the principles of soil fertility, integrated farm sustainability, and organic growing systems.
- Have significant experience operating and maintaining relevant farm machinery, i.e. tractors, cultivation tools, transplanter, etc.
- Be willing and able to move to the Bramber area for the extended season.
Hours for the position vary with seasonal peaks and lulls, but will occasionally exceed 60 hours/week.
Duties, also, vary seasonally, but will include pre-season planning and organization, greenhouse construction, seeding and transplanting,
cultivation, harvest, and marketing through both wholesale and direct-to-consumer avenues. Experience with these operations is a significant asset.
A successful candidate will be compensated at $15/hr.
Inquiries should be directed to Norbert Kungl at selwoodgreen at gmail.com
Thanks for your interest!
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.
GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 15273
More information about the sust-mar