[Sust-mar] Coming events at Annapolis Seeds

Owen Bridge owen at annapolisseeds.com
Tue Aug 23 16:44:58 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to spread the word about a couple of events that we're putting on here at the Annapolis Seeds farm in Middleton in the coming weeks. Hope you can make it out to at least one of them... and please do pass along the info if you know anyone who's interested!

Happy summer,
Owen

-Seed Saving Workshop at Annapolis Seeds - Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 - 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.

Come learn the basics of saving seeds! As we tour through the Annapolis Seeds gardens we'll discuss seed saving techniques for many different vegetables, from the easy ones like beans to the trickier ones like the brassicas. Hands-on demonstrations too! We'll practice simple and low-tech threshing and seed cleaning techniques. We'll be covering all the basics but discussions will be guided by your interests, so more advanced techniques can be covered too.

Cost: $25 each, $40 for couples or pay what you can.

Please bring water and weather appropriate clothing.

To register or for questions please contact Owen Bridge at either owen at annapolisseeds.com, or 902 825-4732

-Tomato Fest at Annapolis Seeds - Sunday, September 11th, 2011 - 12:00 to 5:00 p.m.

The can't miss event of the fall! Come celebrate the tomato with us! Experience the amazing diversity of heirloom tomatoes that can't be found in the stores. About 100 varieties of all shapes, sizes, tastes and colours will be on display with many available for tasting! There will be farm tours, a vote for the tastiest tomato variety and workshops on tomato seed saving and growing great tomatoes organically. Come visit!

Cost: Free! Although donations will be welcomed.

-Be sure to tell your friends... can't wait to see you at the farm. For more info check out www.annapolissseeds.com or send me an email at owen at annapolisseeds.com.

Directions: Annapolis Seeds is located at 8528 Hwy 201 just outside Middleton, NS. To get to the farm from downtown Middleton you follow Bridge Street across the river and out of town until you reach the intersection with Hwy 201. Turn right onto the 201 and we're a few minutes down the road on the left hand side.