[Sust-mar] Communication Coordinator, f/t, Clean Nova Scotia, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Dec 20 12:48:48 EST 2011

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Communication Coordinator

Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Permanent Full Time

Salary – $32,000 - 38,000 depending on experience

Closing date – January 2, 2012

Anticipated Start Date – As soon as possible

Position Description

Clean Nova Scotia is looking for a Communications Coordinator to run a tight, but creative ship for our growing, thriving organization. It’s a supportive and supported role, with room for professional development, leadership, and mentoring. This position coordinates internal communication management, external communications with stakeholders, and provides project support. Project work allows for creative, collaborative brainstorming with project staff, and leadership on communications issues. This can include strategic communications plans, design (promotional materials, reports, website, displays), content (newsletters, website, news releases, social media), and editing. The role involves working independently, but also in collaboration with staff and management during the planning and creative stages of various projects.

Who We Are

Clean Nova Scotia is a fun, diverse workplace with a passionate staff. We house a wide variety of programs allowing the opportunity for cross-pollination and relationship building with other organizations. Our approach is always collaborative and team oriented.

We are a not-for-profit environmental organization founded in 1988. Our staff is guided by a Board of Directors with representation from the realms of business, academics, government, and our community at large. Over the last 20 years, the organization has evolved into an effective, high profile institution with a broad mandate to work with individuals, government, business, and groups to improve our environment and the communities we live in. We believe in grassroots actions, community engagement, and we have the tools and knowledge to get where we need to be.

Responsibilities

Internal Communications:

• Maintain and implement strategic communications plan.

• Research, write, edit design, promote and distribute newsletters for members using MailChimp.

• Maintain and develop CNS displays and visuals for public events.

•  Coordinate other communications staff and contracts.

External Communications:

• Webmaster: maintain and update website content, including text, videos and photos, using the WordPress Content Management System.

• Write, edit and distribute news releases and other correspondence to media contacts.

• Anticipate and identify challenges and opportunities in the media/political/public spheres that relate to Clean Nova Scotia.

• Manage media relations and events.

• Experience in updating and networking via social media tools, including Facebook and Twitter.

• Raise the public profile of the organization.

• Coordinate and execute a robust membership program.

Program Related:

• Coordinate communications contracts and other communications staff as needed.

• Design materials (ads, brochures, posters etc.) for public education

• Provide communication and strategic planning support for program coordinators and staff.

Qualifications:

• Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills.

• A background in website content management, including experience with the WordPress Content Management System.

• Experience in graphic design using InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.

• Media relations experience (interviews and interview preparation and coaching, media event planning etc.)

• Must be patient, have good listening skills, and the ability to guide and interpret ideas from clients/staff.

• Strong and proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under time pressures.

• Excellent organizational skills.

• Knowledge and/or background in environmental education is a strong asset.

• Supervisory experience and experience working in a team environment is an asset.

Please submit a cover letter and resume merged in one document. Resumes will be accepted until January 2, 2012, at 4:00pm. Please send by email only to mparsons at clean.ns.ca.

We appreciate all interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS

http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com