[Sust-mar] Climate Change Manager, f/t, Clean Nova Scotia, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Jul 7 10:06:26 EDT 2011

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Climate Change Manager

Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Clean Nova Scotia is looking for someone to lead our climate change education programs. It is a demanding and extremely stimulating role that seeks to make climate change relevant to Nova Scotians. The manager would evaluate climate change research across a wide range of subject areas, and build awareness about the links between individuals and environmental impacts. Ultimately, the manager will design programs that build on Clean Nova Scotia's existing expertise and relationships.

The successful candidate will be dynamic, motivated, and must possess excellent time management, presentation and interpersonal skills, and have an interest and experience with youth education.

Clean Nova Scotia is a fun, diverse workplace with a laid-back style and passionate staff. We house a wide variety of programs and there is therefore the opportunity for cross-pollination and relationship building with other organizations. Our approach is always collaborative and team oriented.

Qualifications:

• Master's degree in environmental sciences or equivalent experience, such as climate change research or policy work.

• Capacity to utilize a wide array of research methods, including but not limited to: focus groups, interviews, and government and academic reports.

• An interest in climate change, knowledge of or potential to develop expertise in climate change issues.

• Experience developing and leading successful educational programs that address climate change.

• Capacity to evaluate and prioritize opportunities to ensure they maximize organizational goals.

• Ability to motivate and inspire staff and create a balanced and productive team, recognize strengths and abilities, and develop skill levels over time.

• Ability to work under pressure, demonstrate initiative and manage multiple priority areas.

• Experience teaching and working with children and youth.

• Experience participating in or delivering experiential education an asset.

• Experience with social media an asset.

Please submit your cover letter and resume in one document prior to Monday, July 18, 2011 via email to mparsons at clean.ns.ca. We appreciate all interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS

http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com