[Sust-mar] EAC Outreach Coordinator Job Posting

Amy Hawke info at ecologyaction.ca
Thu Jun 9 11:12:51 EDT 2011

Another exciting 1 year position at the Ecology Action Centre!

Outreach Coordinator

Job Posting

The Ecology Action Centre (EAC), established in 1971, is Nova Scotia's
largest and most active environmental organization. We are seeking a
full-time Outreach Coordinator. The position is 30 hours per week and is
a 12 month maternity leave replacement.

Overview of the Position

This role is focused on volunteer coordination and event planning.
Approximately 300 volunteers work with the EAC in a wide variety of
roles. Volunteers bring grass roots engagement to our work, allow us to
be effective with our resources, amplify the efforts of our staff, and
bring a greater diversity to our organization. We hold three major
fundraising events each year. They are reflect our values and are a
critical part of keeping the Centre thriving financially. Plus, they are
fun and engaging. This role is a central one at the Ecology Action
Centre. The Outreach Coordinator reports to the Internal Director and
works closely with the Financial Director, Office Manager and the whole
operations team.

Responsibilities

In addition to supporting the overall functioning of the Ecology Action
Centre and other duties as required, the Outreach Coordinator has two
primary areas of responsibility:

Fundraising & Outreach Events assisting with logistics for two or three
major fundraising events; and coordinating various other membership and
outreach events.

Volunteer Coordination attracting, appreciating, and managing
volunteers; recruiting, training and supervising a team of front desk
volunteers; and working closely with the Volunteer Committee.

Skills Required

*	Excellent interpersonal communication skills
*	Experience with training, supervising and motivating volunteers
*	Creativity and ability to take initiative
*	Experience with event planning
*	Excellent organizational skills
*	Environmentally concerned with knowledge of and desire to inform
the public on environmental issues
*	Friendly, outgoing, energetic, motivated, team orientated,
conscientious, and with a sense of humour
*	Experience working with non-profits (preferred)
*	Experience working with diverse communities and a commitment to
fostering diverse workplaces (preferred)

Period: 22 August  2011 to 7 September 2012

Terms: 30 hours per week at $16/hour. Benefits plan and 4 weeks paid
vacation.

Location: Ecology Action Centre's green office in Halifax's North End

Hours of work: Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm (some room for
negotiation). Some evening/weekend work will be required.

Application: Cover letter, resume and three references. Please submit
your application in the form of a pdf document with required elements in
the following order: cover letter, resume, references.

Deadline: Friday July 8th, 2011 at 4pm

Attention: Jocelyn Knoester, Communications Coordinator
communications at ecologyaction.ca

We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only
short-listed applicants will be contacted.

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and
encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such
as women, visible minorities, First Nations, and persons with
disabilities.

The Centre welcomes new members and volunteers: www.ecologyaction.ca
<http://www.ecologyaction.ca>

  <http://www.ecologyaction.ca/content/become-member>