[Sust-mar] My last blog post

a borboleta as_borboletas at yahoo.ca
Sun May 1 08:52:40 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I am sending this e-mail on behalf of David Orton.

Regards,

Helga

My last blog post

http://deepgreenweb.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-last-blog-post.html

This will be my last blog post, as in early March I was diagnosed with advanced
pancreatic cancer.

Unfortunately, due to my illness, I am unable to write Part 2 of “What Makes an
Activist?”. Instead, I am posting the outline of a proposed book of left biocentric
writings which I wrote in 2005, in the hope that it will give an overview of my
work and enable others to see the direction I have been working towards, since
moving to Nova Scotia in 1979.

I originally put together this book proposal six years ago with the aim of
eventually getting it published. Although there was a lack of interest at the
time, I’m republishing the outline with a modified title and some light editing
of the book chapters, with the assistance of my wife Helga and daughter Karen.

To see what I’ve been working on since 2005, go to our website at http://home.ca.inter.net/~greenweb/, where more recent articles
can be found. There are a number of theoretical papers showing the application
of left biocentrism, e.g. tributes to Arne Naess and John Livingston, and
practical examples, e.g. off-highway vehicle use and industrial wind turbines.

I’d like to thank all the people who, over so many years, have sent me their
thoughts and articles and encouraged me in my work.

We all eventually return to the Earth. Goodbye and keep fighting.

For the Earth,

David Orton

<greenweb at ca.inter.net>

Continued at http://deepgreenweb.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-last-blog-post.html