[Sust-mar] Ecology Action Centre: Office Manager Job Posting

Amy Hawke info at ecologyaction.ca
Fri May 6 09:32:47 EDT 2011

Ecology Action Centre: Office Manager Job Posting

We are seeking a full-time Office Manager. The position is 30 hours per
week and is a 12 month educational leave replacement.

Overview of the Position

If you have a head for numbers, a way with computers and a passion for
working in a collaborative, non-profit environment we'd love to meet
you!

This role is central to the effective functioning of the Ecology Action
Centre. It reports to the Internal Director and works closely with our
Financial Director, and Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator.

Responsibilities

In addition to supporting the overall functioning of the Ecology Action
Centre and other duties as required, the Communications Coordinator has
four primary areas of responsibility:

Financial Assistance, such as:

*	Membership and donation financial processing
*	Invoicing, including for magazine advertising
*	Petty cash boxes and reconciliations
*	Tax receipting
*	Processing monthly donations
*	Mail processing

Office Support, such as:

*	Helping to create a well functioning office environment
*	Managing office supplies and equipment
*	Computer technical support (new computers and systems; handling
technical issues and questions)

 Contact Database Management, such as:

*	Database queries, reports and mail outs
*	Maintaining event and fundraising databases
*	Ensuring data integrity
*	Involvement in the database upgrading process

 Membership Relations, such as:

*	Distribution of EAC's magazine
*	Welcoming new members
*	Communicating with existing members
*	Helping to develop more interactive membership communications
tools

Skills Required

*	Excellent organizational skills
*	Detail oriented with a liking for numbers
*	Excellent technical computer skills - network support, trouble
shooting, software, e-mail, and network set up
*	Ability to take initiative and work independently
*	Excellent communication skills
*	Conscientious, energetic, motivated, team orientated, friendly
and with a sense of humour.
*	Environmentally concerned (preferred).

Period: 4 July 2011 to 1 September 2012

Terms: 30 hours per week at $16/hour. Benefits plan and 4 weeks paid
vacation.

Hours of work: Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm (some room for
negotiation). Some evening/weekend work will be required.

Location: Ecology Action Centre's office in Halifax's North End

Application: Cover letter, resume and three references. Please submit
your application in the form of a pdf document with required elements in
the following order: cover letter, resume, references.

Deadline: Monday May 30th, 2011 at 4pm

Attention: Amy Hawke, Office Coordinator info at ecologyaction.ca
<mailto:info at ecologyaction.ca>

We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only
short-listed applicants will be contacted.

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and
encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such
as women, visible minorities, First Nations, and persons with
disabilities.

Amy Hawke
Office Coordinator
Ecology Action Centre
(902) 429-2202

Help us celebrate our birthday with 40 days of action!
www.ecologyaction.ca/40days <http://www.ecologyaction.ca/40days>

Become an EAC member <http://www.ecologyaction.ca/content/become-member>
| Join us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/EcologyActionCentre>  |
Follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ecologyaction>

Are you a member of the EAC? We need your support to continue our work!
Please join, renew or donate today. Call (902) 429-2202
begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting