[Sust-mar] Nature with Older Eyes: Renewal event for Environmental Activists, nature-lovers at Tatamagouche Centre

Kathryn Anderson kathrynande at gmail.com
Tue May 10 10:32:31 EDT 2011

Environmental Activists, and nature-lovers, Tatamagouche Centre is offering
a very special event from Sunday evening May 29th- Tues., May 31st, 1pm. For
many of us hard-working activists (perhaps discouraged by recent political
events!), this can be a time of renewing our own connection with nature.

Our resource person, Don MacDougall, brings a remarkable knowledge of nature
and a longtime involvement in the leadership of outdoors events. This will
be at a pace that older people will appreciate, but the event is open
to people of all ages!

*Nature with Older Eyes*

*Sunday May 29, 5pm (including supper) - Tuesday May 31, 1pm.*

"I have felt a presence which excites me with the joy of elevated
thoughts...whose dwelling place is the light of setting suns.” "(Wordsworth)

You are invited to a very special event with Don MacDougall, retired United
Church minister, life-long naturalist and recent older person.

During this event, you will have a quiet, spiritual exposure to beaches,
birds, and butterflies, forests, plants and flowers, sunrises and sunsets,
high tides and low tides... from the perspective of older life. Using slow
walks, bird and flower identification, casual conversations, nature poetry,
deep looking and listening, and spontaneous ceremony, we will explore the
spirit which dwells in nature and the human heart, and how we want to live
with it. “Every step taken upon mother earth must be as a prayer.” Black
Elk.

Cost: $270 ($110 tuition + $160 meals/accommodation). Local rate for
commuters (without accommodation, breakfast) $176.

 For more detailed program descriptions, or to register, please contact
Tatamagouche Centre at 1-800-218-2220 or www.tatacentre.ca

--
Kathryn Anderson
Program Development Team