[Sust-mar] NovaSEA Outreach Coord., summer, Sierra Club, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri May 27 12:35:02 EDT 2011

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

SUMMER JOB POSTING

Job title: NovaSEA Outreach Coordinator

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Job Description:

The Nova Scotia Sustainable Electricity Alliance (novaSEA) Alliance is comprised of leading trade associations, environmental groups, First Nations, energy developers, academics and consumers. We represent both rural and urban Nova Scotia. The Alliance was formed as a result of a common mission to support the implementation of policies that facilitate the development of community based and community owned renewable energy production.

The novaSEA Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for creating educational materials on Community renewable electricity and the opportunities under the community feed-in tariff program, managing an outreach campaign on community renewable electricity, coordinating communication between the novaSEA steering committee, increasing membership, maintaining the website, and issuing press releases.

Outreach activities will include presentations in communities around Nova Scotia that express interest in community renewable electricity, hosting booths at ongoing events around the province, and answering queries. Communities of focus will include indigenous communities and francophone communities. Existing partners in these communities will enable an appropriate outreach strategy.

Qualifications: Post-secondary education preferred. Students with backgrounds in the fields of environmental science/studies, sustainability, communications, or political science will be prioritized.

Eligibility:

Please note, you MUST meet the criteria for a Canada Summer Job program (please go here to find out more http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/youth/summerwork.shtml):

Eligible students:

- are between 15 and 30 years of age;

- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;

- are Canadian citizens or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and

- are legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.

- Foreign students are not eligible.

Start Date: June 16 -20, 2011 (negotiable)

Term: 10 weeks

Pay Rate: $ 9.65 / hour

Hours: 30 hours per week

Application Deadline: Friday, June 10th, 2011, 5 p.m. Atlantic Time

Please submit you resume, cover letter and references to Ms. Gretchen Fitzgerald at gretchenf at sierraclub.ca. If you would like to find our more about this position, please call Gretchen at 902-444-3113. To find out more about Sierra Club Atlantic, please go to http://atlantic.sierraclub.ca .

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS

http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com