[Sust-mar] Free MAY Young Naturalists Club Events

Young Naturalists Club yncns at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 30 10:53:22 EDT 2012

Please find a list of FREEMay events for Young Naturalists Club Chapters around the Province!

If
 you are interested in leading a YNC presentation or field trip in any
of these locations or are interested in starting a YNC in your
community, please feel free to contact Robin at yncns at yahoo.ca.

Annapolis Valley YNC:
Saturday May 12: 10:00am – 12pm. Have you met the carnivorous plants living in Acadia’s backyard? Take a tour through the Harriet Irving Botanical Gardens to discover our Pitcher
Plants, Sundews and other exciting native plants. Help us restore the
Acadian Forest one tree at a time by planting young seedlings on our
Woodland Trails. Wear clothes for getting dirty and bring a hand trowel
for digging.Meet at the main
entrance of the Harriet Irving Botanical Gardens at 10am. For more
information contact the AV YNC Volunteer Leader, Alisa Nguyen nguyenalisa1 at gmail.com

Halifax YNC:
Saturday May 19th: 10:30am - A presentation by Mary MacDonald from the Museum of Natural History about turtles.For more information contact Robin at yncns at yahoo.ca

Sunday May 27th: 1:00pm – 3:00pm–We are going to join up with Walter Reagan from the Sackville Rivers Association and see the Gaspereau fish run, then do some rock throwing and river restoration!Please contact Robin at yncns at yahoo.ca to register for this field trip

Pictou YNC
Saturday May 5th: 9:00-10:00amOWLS presentation by Randy Lauff along with some owl
pellet dissections.  Richard Murphy will be leading the group on a walk, talk,
and owl nesting viewing.For more information contact Tabitha at tabbycats at ns.sympatico.ca or Bonnie at bugsy.27 at hotmail.com

South Shore YNC:
Saturday May 19th: 1:00 – 3:00pm,Field trip with Danielle Pernette from Bluenose Coastal Action Foundation aboutRoseate terns.  We will meet at Westhaver Beach. Contact Pam for directions and more information at 530-5182 or pamjwm at gmail.com.

Wittenburg YNC:
Saturday, May 26th: 1:00 p.m.Beesare very important to our gardens and our food production because they help pollinate plants. We will
talk about bees this week! For more information contact Wendy at 639-2808

Ms. Robin Musselman
Coordinator
Young Naturalists Club of Nova Scotia
http://nature1st.net/ync

YNC motto "Young Naturalists Observe and Conserve"