[Sust-mar] Faculty - Energy Sustainability Engineering Technology, f/t, Nova Scotia Community College

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Aug 9 12:34:58 EDT 2012

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Faculty - Energy Sustainability Engineering Technology Program
Location: Middleton, Nova Scotia

School of Trades and Technology
Faculty
Energy Sustainability Engineering Technology Program
(Continuing Full-Time Position)
Annapolis Valley Campus -- Middleton, NS
Competition No 2012-068

Nova Scotia Community College is committed to working individually and collectively with its employees to achieve our mission -- Building Nova Scotia's Economy and Quality of Life through Education and Innovation. By building on employee strengths and promoting employee growth we will achieve our vision of transforming Nova Scotia one learner at a time.

The College values diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, Aboriginal peoples, and other members of the visible minority community, persons with disabilities and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letters or by completing the online questionnaire.

Our Opportunity:

The School of Trades and Technology continues to develop leading edge learning opportunities like the Energy Sustainability Engineering Technology (ESET) Program. Along with our Pilikan Sustainable Residential Housing Initiative, we have created a unique learning environment that blends real-world experience with industry-recognized programming. As we look at expanding into applied research, we require the support of an additional faculty member to carry on this work and build on the foundation already created in the areas of sustainable design and renewable energy. You will develop and maintain course materials, evaluate student performance, facilitate student placements and conduct other related faculty duties. You will provide leadership with respect to shop/lab safety and development. You will also work with Research Scientists and the campus community to continue the transformation of campus buildings and grounds into models of energy conservation and sustainability. Our
  Pilikan House and campus buildings will provide you and your students' opportunities to explore sustainability in both commercial and residential environments. You will be a mentor and teacher that will leave a lasting mark on every student that walks into your classroom.

Your Credentials:

• You have relevant degree in Mechanical/Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, Energy Management, Alternate Energy, or Sustainability, combined with a minimum of five years of directly related experience in the energy industry, ideally on a multi-disciplinary team. Your experience includes both residential and commercial/industrial settings.
• You possess the following related computer skills: Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2010, RETScreen, AutoCAD 2011, HOT2000/3000, EE4 and a thorough knowledge of Internet and e-mail technology.
• You have experience in the areas of WHMIS, 5S+S, and Occupational Health and Safety.
• Ideally, you possess a background in construction management, high-performance building systems & design and energy management.
• You are eligible for accreditation as a LEED(r) Professional with the Canadian Green Building Council.
• You are an excellent communicator and have above average presentation skills.
• You are passionate about the energy field and have a vision for future energy related projects, research and partnerships and have knowledge in the area of renewable energy.
• You are innovative, detail oriented and committed to life-long learning.
• You are familiar with the concepts of portfolio education. Your desire and enthusiasm to teach students with diverse backgrounds and knowledge, along with your superb presentation, interpersonal and team building skills make you an ideal candidate.
• You are a creative self-starter with high energy and a commitment to excellence in learning.

To apply to this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to David Meister, Staffing Associate at david.meister at nscc.ca or call for more information at 902-491-6753

Application deadline is August 24th, 2012 at 4 pm

NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner.

Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide recent, relevant references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to sustainable job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com