[Sust-mar] Earth Education / After School Leader, vol., Wolfville, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Aug 15 12:55:58 EDT 2012

[as posted to http://PlanetVolunteer.net ]

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY

Position Title: After-School Program Leader (Volunteer Position)
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia

Position Summary: To assist the Youth Activity Coordinator & Youth Activity Assistant in providing leadership for the Town of Wolfville's After School and In-Service Day programs.

Time Commitment: September 10 - December 19, 2012; one afternoon per week from 2:45-5:00pm

Info Session & Training: There will be a volunteer information session on September 5, 2012 from 6:00pm-7:00pm at the Wolfville Recreation Centre to learn more about volunteer opportunities, and a training session on September 7, 2012 from 6:00pm-7:00pm for all after school program volunteers.

Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Work with the Youth Activity Coordinator & Youth Activity Assistant to:
• Lead the after-school and in-service day programs,
• Assist in program planning as required.

Desired Qualifications:
Those with the following qualifications are desired; however, we encourage any volunteers interested in working with children and in recreation settings to contact us:
• Experience in leading a range of youth programs and activities including nature/outdoor, art, and sport programs.
• General knowledge of child development as well as recreation programming and principles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.

Volunteering with us is FUN!
We have a wide range of after-school and in-service day programming including art, earth education, sports, outdoor adventure and much more. Choose which programs you are interested in volunteering with. Can't commit to one afternoon each week? No problem. We have In-Service Day programs that we need volunteers for, and Special Events.

Interested in Volunteering?
Please contact:
Robin Campbell
Program & Events Coordinator
902-542-6282
rcampbell at wolfville.ca

*All volunteers will be asked to send a resume with two references, and availability for volunteering. All volunteers must submit Criminal Record Checks, and will be asked to fill out a Child Abuse Registry Form.

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to sustainable job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com