[Sust-mar] Wilderness Canoe Retreat for Men

Meghan MacCulloch meghan at tatacentre.ca
Tue Aug 14 12:01:53 EDT 2012

Wilderness Canoe Retreat for Men

September 12 - 16, 2012

This unique men's program, in its 22nd year, offers participants an
opportunity to canoe through the remote backcountry of southwestern Nova
Scotia.   We will paddle through a stunning autumnal landscape that will
inspire the photographer, writer and artist in each of us. Inspired by the
landscape and the supportive atmosphere created by the wilderness journey,
we will take time to share stories unique to our male experiences. Each day
there is time to relax, reflect and enjoy the solace the wilderness offers.
For those who are interested, an overnight solo experience is an optional
part of the program. Father and son combinations are welcome.

Each year we alternate routes between the cranberry rich lakes along the
Roseway system, and the mystical old growth of Sporting Lake.

No previous wilderness experience necessary. Participants must be
comfortable in the water and be in reasonably good health. All meals and
group equipment provided.

Program Cost: $610 (includes program fees, all meals canoes and group
equipment)

Please register at least 2 weeks in advance to secure your spot in this
program.

Contact Tatamagouche Centre: www.tatacentre.ca or call 1-800-218-2220

Leadership: Brian Braganza has been leading wilderness trips for 15 years.
Hantford Lewis has been canoeing the Tobeatic for 35 years and is co-owner
and operator of Hinterland Adventures and Gear. Jason Blanch has a graduate
degree in Adult Education and Community Development and has been working in
this field for the past 14 years with government and non-profit
organizations. He also loves to canoe!

Meghan MacCulloch

Promotions Coordinator

Tatamagouche Centre