[Sust-mar] A Canadian Energy Policy

Christopher Majka c.majka at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 30 14:00:26 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

Sust-mar subscribers will doubtless be aware that last week the
provincial and territorial leaders from across CAnada met in Halifax,
NS for the annual Council of the Federation meetings. One of the main
items on the agenda were discussions towards creating a national
Canadian energy policy. Those interested might want to take a look at
two articles I wrote for Rabble.ca on this topic:

	The turning tide: Canadians and our energy future
	http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/christophermajka/turning-tide-canadians-and-our-energy-future

At the Council of the Federation meetings a national energy strategy
is on the table. A new poll shows what Canadians want from their
governments, and it's much more than simply a pipeline non-aggression
pact.

	Canada's energy future: Wise strategy or rapacious sellout?
	http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/christophermajka/canadas-energy-future-wise-strategy-or-rapacious-sellout

A Canadian energy strategy is a critical priority. At the Council of
the Federation premiers have taken a tentative step. To succeed they
must set aside parochial squabbles and provincial boundaries.

Best wishes,

Christopher Majka

Christopher Majka - columnist, Rabble.ca
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Email: c.majka at ns.sympatico.ca
http://rabble.ca/blog/26142
"The significant problems of our time cannot be solved by the same
level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein