[Sust-mar] Part-time Office Manager, Sierra Club, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Sun Jul 29 13:57:41 EDT 2012

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Part-time Office Manager Position
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

We are searching for a highly motivated and organized individual to assist with the 'nuts and bolts' operation of our Halifax office. Candidates must be familiar with basic accounting practices and money management (bank deposits, payroll calculations, record-keeping). The position will require working with volunteers to maintain office organization (filing, scanning, procurement of cost-effective supplies and services). You would be working closely with our Director to submit financial and membership information to our National office in Ottawa on a regular basis.

Qualifications
• Organizational skills
• Familiar with Microsoft Office and Simply Accounting software
• Book-keeping experience
• Outgoing and motivated
• Trustworthy
• Interest in environmental issues an asset
• Pleasant and helpful phone manner
• Experience working in non-profit sector
• Experience working with databases an asset (training will be provided)
• Self-directed, but also able to work with local leaders that shape Chapter activities

Duties
• Enter financial information monthly
• Calculating payroll remittances monthly
• Making bank deposits, ensuring timely payment of invoices and bills
• Answering phone and referring public to appropriate contacts
• Assisting with fundraising by keeping accurate record of donors and membership information
• Filing, scanning documents and office management
• As time permits, assisting with fundraising efforts by working with volunteers and staff on proposals (especially budget information), campaigns, and event coordination

Remuneration
$690 per month contract, 8-10 hours per week. Please note, this is a short-term contract position with an option of becoming a long-term position, based on performance and available funding.

To Apply
Applications, including cover letter, resume and references, should be e-mailed to Gretchen Fitzgerald at gretchenf at sierraclub.ca on or before 5 pm Atlantic Time, Thursday, August 9th, 2012.

If you wish further information about this project, please contact Gretchen Fitzgerald, Chapter Director at 902-444-3113.

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to sustainable job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com