[Sust-mar] FRIENDS OF REDTAIL AGM & FEATURED SPEAKER

Michelle Ferris michelleferris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:21:48 EST 2012

Notice of ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the FRIENDS OF REDTAIL SOCIETY

Saturday, March 10, 2012; 10 a.m.

Gammon Centre, Scotsburn, Pictou County, N.S.

The business portion of the meeting will begin at 10:00 a.m.

We will share a potluck lunch at 12:00 p.m.

At 1:00 p.m. Mark Brennan will be our featured guest speaker (details
below).

At 2:00 p.m. we will have focus group discussions on topics that will help
us plan activities on the FRS land in the future.

The Day will conclude by 3:30 p.m.

Mark Brennan

Mark Brennan is a fine artist and nature sound recordist whose work has
been exhibited extensively. He believes that to truly represent something
in an art form we must become totally immersed in our subject. More
recently Mark has branched into new and different forms of media to deepen
his own relationship with nature, from this he has sought out new ways for
people to experience and relate to the natural world. Mark has extensively
captured the natural soundscape of the Acadian Forest and has also filmed
and produced a short film entitled, "The Acadian Forest: The Story So Far".
This film and the underlying experiences of extensive time painting and
recording in wilderness settings will be the foundation of Mark's
presentation and discussion. With Mark as our guide we will explore the
intrinsic value of nature.

For more details or to RSVP: FRIENDSofREDTAIL at gmail.com