[Sust-mar] Saturday May 12 - Benefit Dance and Auction

Carla Conrod aa037 at chebucto.ca
Fri May 4 15:49:40 EDT 2012

Halifax May 12, 2012 7 - 11pm Benefit Dance and Auction with Webos
Rancheros,  Zulka Moon and First Nations Drum. Mi’kmaq Friendship Centre   2158
Gottingen St.Tickets:  $10   Proceeds:  Mi'kmaw Elders Healing Journey.
Auction Items generously donated by Gary Knockwood  (painting), Drums of
the Flicker (hand drum), and Just Us Co-op.  We welcome more donations for
the auction!    For further info email:  info at redbearhealinghome.ca.  Sponsored
by Red Bear Healing Home Society www.redbearhealinghome.ca,
https://www.facebook.com/RedBearHealingHome see event

Sincerely,

Carla Conrod*
902 448-4744 text messages/cell*

Red Bear Healing Home Society
www.redbearhealinghome.ca
https://www.facebook.com/RedBearHealingHome
*
Building Your Capacity
www.buildingyourcapacity.com
*

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound
together. All things connect."
-Chief Seattle

"The greatest wisdom is in simplicity. Love, respect, tolerance, sharing,
gratitude, forgiveness. It's not complex or elaborate. The real knowledge
is free. It's encoded in your DNA. All you need is within you. Great
teachers have said that from the beginning. Find your heart, and you will
find your way."  The words of the Mayan Elders written down by Carlos
Barrios found at
http://www.2012connect.com/profiles/blogs/mayan-elder-carlos-barrios

To restore harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother, we must learn that
Mother Earth is not a resource, but the very source of life itself. - Chief
Orval Looking Horse

Our dreams belong to everyone. - Dave Courchene Jr

Everything in Nature is our source of life.  If these things are not kept,
we are not living up to our responsibilities that have been given to us by
the Creator.  Nature has rights, humans have responsibilities.  Our
responsibility is to represent those species that cannot speak for
themselves.  "Netukulimk"  –  Everything must be sustaining. You must
sustain yourselves.  You cannot compromise the ecological integrity of the
earth or the ability of future generations to sustain themselves or the
ability of future generations to enjoy the beauty that the Creator has
given us. -Albert Marshall, Mi’kmaw Elder, Eskasoni, Nova Scotia, from
workshop "Two Eyed Seeing", Tatamagouche Centre, 2009 more information at
about Two Eyed Seeing
http://www.integrativescience.ca/

So this is what we truly believe. This is what reinforces our
spiritualities: that no being is greater than the next, that we are part
and parcel, we are equal, and that each one of us has a responsibility to
the balance of the system.
- Albert Marshall, Mi'kmaq Elder, from an interview in Taking Charge of the
Bras d'Or: Ecological Politics in the 'Land of Fog'

The Golden Eagle does not live in the memory of the past, nor in hope for
the future, but instead chooses to live in the fulfillment of the present.
 Ritchie Sinclair, a.k.a. Stardreamer http://www.woodlandgold.com./

'Just Be' and know that 'All is Well'.
Norval Morrisseau a.k.a. Copper Thunerbird
http://www.woodlandgold.com