[Sust-mar] Nov. 24: The Jacket Project & ETHICAL GIFT SHOW - Mahone Bay
TAMMACHAT Natural Textiles
ask at tammachat.com
Tue Nov 13 05:57:20 EST 2012
The Jacket Project
TAMMACHAT Natural Textiles is collaborating on a very special project that transforms fair trade, artisanal fabric from Thailand into one-of-a-kind jackets designed and sewn in Canada. The Jacket Project brings together TAMMACHAT co-founders Ellen Agger and Alleson Kase with Nova Scotian dressmaker Theresa Eagles to create unique jackets in organic cotton and silk, each a work of art that connects women across the world.
Read more and see photos on our blog: http://tammachatnaturaltextiles.blogspot.ca/2012/11/the-jacket-project-one-of-kind-art.html. These jackets will make their South Shore debut at:
TAMMACHAT Natural Textiles' ETHICAL GIFT SHOW
Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012
10am - 6pm
Mahone Bay Legion, 24 Pond St.
Handwoven, fairly traded gifts for your special people and for you
- Find meaningful gifts for the holidays -- or any time! Featuring naturally dyed: one-of-a-kind jackets, organic silk scarves, cotton scarves, bags and more.
- Support sustainable traditions and rural women artisans in Thailand and Laos with your purchases. "A little luxury. A lot of good."
- Browse TAMMACHAT's photo books. See how silk is skillfully made by women artisans at their homes. Learn how natural dyes are created with local materials.
- Give a book to a child in Laos. For every piece you buy, TAMMACHAT gives a child in Laos their very first book, in partnership with Big Brother Mouse (www.bigbrothermouse.com), a Lao-owned social enterprise.
- Enjoy the Father Christmas Festival throughout Mahone Bay Nov. 23 - Dec. 2, 2012.
More info: www.tammachat.com, ask at tammachat.com, 624-0427
More information about the sust-mar