[Sust-mar] Christopher Majka in Mahone Bay: Fri. Nov. 30th- Canadian Resources- Salvation or Sellout?

Marion Moore marionm12 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 14:29:37 EST 2012

*Democracy in Action:*

*Canadian Resources - Salvation or Sellout?*

*with Christopher Majka*

*Friday, November 30 - 7:30-9:30 at the Mahone Bay Centre*

The South Shore Chapter of the Council of Canadians is proud to present its
second in a series of events examining the democratic process in Canada
through a focus on specific issues.

This event will address the issue of Canada as a resource-rich nation.  How
do we manage our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner?  How do
we interact with other countries who wish to access them?    How can
citizens make their voices heard in the development of policies that
influence our resource economy?

To find some answers to these pressing questions, the South Shore Chapter
is hosting a Café Canada entitled “Canadian Resources: Salvation or
Sellout?”  The session is scheduled for Friday evening, November 30 from
7:30 – 9:30 at the Mahone Bay Centre.  Our guest will be Christopher Majka,
a Halifax-based scientist, environmentalist and writer, who will explore
ideas about our country’s wealth of natural resources, and the manner in
which decisions are made about its development. He will address his recent
research about the Canadian resource economy and how our government's
policies will affect the future of our country.

There is no cost for the session, but donations will be accepted to cover
expenses. Refreshments, including fair trade coffee, will be served

*Café Canada with Christopher Majka*

*Friday, November 30, 7:30 p.m.*

*Mahone Bay Centre, 45 School Street, Mahone Bay*

*All welcome. For more information: 527-2928 or southshore.coc at gmail.com*