[Sust-mar] Tomato Fest at Annapolis Seeds

Owen Bridge owen at annapolisseeds.com
Sat Sep 1 19:34:31 EDT 2012

Tomato Fest
Sunday, September 9th, 2012
>From 12:00 to 5:00 pm

A celebration of heirloom tomatoes! Come experience the amazing diversity of this beautiful fruit. Up to 80 varieties will be on display and available for tasting. Come sample them all and vote for your favourites!

Some of the events that will be ongoing throughout the afternoon include:

    Farm tours - Come see the Annapolis Seeds gardens, and learn how we grow and collect the hundreds of seed varieties under cultivation. We'll be making a stop at our peanut patch!
    Seed Saving Workshop - We'll cover the basics of seed saving, going over techniques for different crops as well as showing some of the simple threshing and cleaning tricks we use.
    Vote for best tasting tomato - Last year Chiapis Wild was the clear winner, but with some new (and delicious) varieties in the running will that change this time around? We'll find out...

- Music - We're excited to have Wolfville's favourite musical duo, Andy and Ariana joining us. You'll love them, trust us!

Also:

    It's free! Although donations to help cover costs will be welcome.
    It's a children friendly event, so bring the whole family.
    We'll have tomato seeds and fresh garlic available for sale.

Things to bring:

    Weather-suitable clothing (sun hats, rain gear).
    Water Bottle
    Notebook for tasting notes!

Getting to Tomato Fest:

Annapolis Seeds is located at 8528 Hwy 201, Nictaux, NS, just outside Middleton. From central Middleton take Bridge Street out of town and over the river, drive straight ahead until you come to the intersection with Hwy 201. Turn right onto the 201 and carry on for another km or so, we're a large green farmhouse on the left hand side tucked into the trees.

Email: owen at annapolisseeds.com

Phone: 902 825-0553