[Sust-mar] it _can_ happen here

Tom Daly tom_d at chebucto.ns.ca
Sat Apr 20 11:24:46 EDT 2013

this is an American story about "sequestration" which, in a nutshell,
means budget cuts to government departments and agencies.  This is a
story about cuts to inspections and regulatory systems.  Up here, we
already have the cuts, known as "The Harper Government Inaction Plan".
  So far, we have avoided the consequences, as long as 'we' aren't any
of those poisoned by the XL meat scandal.

This is not a pleasant story- and the seeds have already been sown:

<http://blog.ourfuture.org/20130419/under-sequestration-were-all-living-in-west-texas>