[Sust-mar] Summer fun at Falls Brook Cenrre

Falls Brook Centre fallsbrook at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 15:26:47 EDT 2013

Ideal for the backyard gardener to the seasoned farmer, this Permaculture Certificate Course will take you though the principles and practice of Permaculture Design.

During your two week residency, you will learn and apply skills in:
* Design Concepts
* Sustainable Landscaping
* Natural Building
* Site Analysis & Design Process
* Perennial Agriculture
* Building Healthy Soils
* Solar Energy
...........and much more

Register Now with Emily at FBC (www.fallsbrookcentre.ca)
Tel (506) 375-4310

Bee Keeping
August 24, 1-5pm
Register soon
Explore the joy of interacting and learning from a hive of bees.  Greg Lynch along with local beekeepers will teach you the basics of how bees live and reproduce while producing honey and wax for our use.

Greg has four hives, including a NEW observation honeybee hive in the Forestry Museum.
$5 per person, $12 per family

Rural Living Country Fair
September 14 & 15 (Save these dates)
South Knowlesville fills with families, farmers, artisans, musicians and even a magician.  Join us at the Rural Living Country Fair to celebrate fall’s abundance and rural skills, traditions and natural world that supports us all.

Falls Brook Centre has hosted the FAIR for 18 years, which started in 1992 in Woodstock, New Brunswick.  This year, we are expanding outward into our larger community and co-hosting the Fair with the Knowlesville Art and Nature Centre (http://fallsbrookcentre.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=9650845d354435e72d34ccdae&id=7a2eb7c95c&e=e999f586c2) and the South Knowlesville Community Land Trust (http://fallsbrookcentre.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=9650845d354435e72d34ccdae&id=1ecf6a9541&e=e999f586c2) initiative.

Free School: A Success
The 5th annual Falls Brook Free School was a huge success.  Despite the rain on Friday and Saturday learners and teachers showed up in droves to discover new talents, share their skills, ideas and dance the night away.  Over 140 people came from as nearby as next door and as far away as Pennsylvania.  Workshops, activities and discussions ranged from learning to juggle, salsa dance, hula-hoop and fix your bicycle to live painting, raising meat rabbits, building sustainable homes, and a making your ideas a reality.

Falls Brook Centre would like to extend a big thank you to our supporters, funders, volunteers and staff members for a wonderful weekend and especially to everyone who came to Free School, we welcome you back again!

Job Posting:
Water Education Coordinator
Falls Brook Centre has an opening for a highly motivated, self-directed person to work as part of the Education Team.   This position will involve working directly with communities who are linked to wetlands, coasts and shores through education, conservation and community engagement.

Paddling on the Restigouche River
7th Annual Canoe Trip
Join Arpin Canoe Restigouche and Falls Brook Centre for an unforgettable 2-day canoe trip on the Restigouche River, in the middle of the Appalachian Mountain Range.
Join us on this adventure to support mangrove restoration in communities on the north coast of Honduras.

** WANT TO REGISTER?
506.375.4310
emily at fallsbrookcentre.ca
For a complete list of 2013 events at Falls Brook Centre
Click here www.fallsbrookcentre.ca

Mix together:
1/4 c. castile soap
3/4 c.baking soda