[Sust-mar] Winter Sled Dog Kennel Assistant, work-stay, Northwoods Survival, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Sun Aug 4 12:48:29 EDT 2013

[Work with animals http://GoodWork.ca/workwithanimals ]

WORK-STAY OPPORTUNITY

Position: Winter Sled Dog Kennel Assistant
Type: work-stay position with accomodation in our cabin, basic whole foods, weekly stipend of $50 (see below)
Location: Knowlesville, New Brunswick

Northwoods Survival is looking for a dynamic self-starter to work with us this winter. The position is for September 1, 2013 through to March 31, 2014. The duties will be daily care and maintainence of the kennel of 23 working dogs; yes that does mean poop scooping! It is feeding, watering, cleaning bowls, trails upkeep, assisting with clients and course preparation and running dog teams. (and likely more!) We are located near the South Branch of the Southwest Miramichi River, in an area surrounded by trails and Acadian Forest. It is a beautiful place to go for hikes, snowshoeing or skiing with our dogs. There will be many snowy cold days, it is a winter wonderland. While the dogs will be your top priority daily we do offer our helpers other wilderness learning opportunities.

This is a work-stay position. We include accomodation in our cabin which has electricity, running water and access to weak wi-fi. The cabin kitchen is stocked with basic whole foods and we will give you a weekly stipend of $50.

Please email us with your resume and tell us what you would like to gain from your experience with us. The ideal candidate will be reliable and have a current driver's license. Experience driving a four-wheeer & snowmachine is an asset. Candidates must be comfortable living in a rural (semi-remote) location and be willing to spend several hours everyday driving dog teams on a groomed winter trail. This is an enjoyable winter job that will require hard work and dedication. Must love dogs!

Be sure to check out our website and like us on Facebook to learn more about us.

To apply, please e-mail your resume and a brief covering letter to info at northwoodssurvival.com, as soon as possible and not later than 1 September, 2013. No telephone calls, follow-up emails or agencies please. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work with animals
http://GoodWork.ca/workwithanimals

Please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca

Green Jobs, Environmental Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to environmental job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find qualified candidates in any green/environmental field.

Facebook http://facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe http://GoodWork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.