[Sust-mar] Falls Brook Centre Open House December 8th

Falls Brook Centre fallsbrook at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 20:23:13 EST 2013

Please join us in celebrating a new chapter for Falls Brook Centre!
*426 West Glassville Rd, Glassville, NB*
*Sunday, December 8, 2-4pm*

Falls Brook Centre has a new home in Glassville and is excited to announce
that they are holding an Open House on Sunday, December 8 from 2-4pm. In
September 2013, Falls Brook Centre left its former location in South
Knowlesville for a new home at 426 West Glassville Rd, led by a new
Executive Director. The site includes 95 acres of woodlot and pasture land,
a farm house, small barn, and a bunk house.

When asked about the prospect of starting over, the response is clearly
optimistic. “We have the opportunity to start over with a blank slate and a
wealth of knowledge and experience at our disposal. We’ll be doing lots of
tree planting, restoring a wetland, and continuing to offer our courses and
workshops throughout the year.” says Marc Gionet, Executive Director.

The open house will include tours of the new site, snacks and beverages,
time to chat with FBC staff, and a crafty activity for adults and children.
“We want our community to celebrate this new chapter with us. We want their
input!” says Emily Shapiro, Youth Engagement Officer for FBC.

Falls Brook Centre is a sustainable community demonstration and training
centre and is well known in this region for its programs involving organic
agriculture, renewable energy, and forest stewardship. FBC strives to
promote exemplary sustainable practices in the areas of farming and
forestry, two key industries in Western New Brunswick

We hope to see you there!

--
Falls Brook Centre
426 W Glassville