[Sust-mar] Solidarity with Idle No more - Save our Rivers

Carla Conrod aa037 at chebucto.ca
Sat Jan 5 21:06:24 EST 2013

Friday January 11th, 2013,Stand in solidarity with Chief Theresa Spence and
all First Nations  Grand Parade 2-6pm.

please circulate widely - sorry for any cross postings
join the event on facebook and invite your friends
https://www.facebook.com/events/149218335230294/

Educate yourself at
MUST READ: Idle No More: Hints of a Global Super-Movement! >
http://huff.to/RtFplF<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhuff.to%2FRtFplF&h=JAQEKIlMJ>

Idle No More is the most significant social movement of 2012. Idle No More
was started by four aboriginal Saskatchewan women who are angry that the
Harper government failed to consult with aboriginal leaders before amending
and passing legislation that directly impacts aboriginal treaty rights and
Canada’s protected waterways. Idle No More calls on all people to join them
in solidarity which honors and fulfills Indigenous sovereignty which
protects the land and water. Colonization continues through attacks to
Indigenous rights and damage to the land and water. We must repair these
violations, live the spirit and intent of the treaty relationship, work
towards justice in action, and protect Mother Earth.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/winter-fails-to-slow-idle-n
o-mores-momentum/article6699001/
http://idlenomore1.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_11.html

Attawapiskat: You Want to Be Shown the Money? Here it Is. (the harper
government is lying to you)http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/chelsea-vowel/
attawapiskat-emergency_b_1127066.html

Why ‘Idle No More’ is gaining strength, and why all Canadians should care

"Spence’s hunger strike is not just about Attawapiskat. It is not just
about housing or school funding. And it is not just about the omnibus
budget Bill C-45, which eliminates federally protected waterways and
facilitates the sale of reserve lands without consultation. It is about all
of that and more. Spence’s hunger strike is part of the Idle No More
movement, which, in a matter of days, has become the largest, most unified,
and potentially most transformative Indigenous movement.. The fundamental
issue is the nation-to-nation treaty relationship with Indigenous peoples
that Canadian governments repeatedly flout by passing legislation without
free, prior and informed consent."
source:http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/article/
1305420--why-idle-no-more-is-gaining-strength-and-why
-all-canadians-should-care<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestar.com%2Fopinion%2Feditorials%2Farticle%2F1305420--why-idle-no-more-is-gaining-strength-and-why-all-canadians-should-care&h=HAQGO1aOa&s=1>

Must Read: A Canadian Veteran's Letter to the editor about Idle No More,
Chief Theresa Spence and his experience with the Oka, Quebec crisis, and
why Stephen Harper needs to do the right thing and meet with the Chief >>
http://www.facebook.com/OccupyCanada/posts/529930803692174

An Ontario Judge has ordered the First Nations blockade of the railways to
be closed down. Their demands are for Harper to meet with Chief Theresa
Spence. It is becoming evidently clear that this is heading for a
confrontation and a potential stand-off.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/01/02/idle-no-more-blockade-sarni
a-rail-cn-_n_2398543.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

****IT IS IMPORTANT that the media does not portray this standoff as "the
Canadian people versus FN militants" like in Oka.
THIS MUST BE SEEN AS A CANADIAN POPULAR MOVEMENT. A movement that is ready
to demand an end to Harper's relentless legislations that amount to nothing
less then an outright assault on the fabric of this country.****

On Friday January 11th, 2013, stand in solidarity with Chief Theresa Spence
and all First Nations.

I think it is worth mentioning that it is the most disenfranchised portion
of Canadians, who are idle no more.

They are leading the way. Is it not ironic, that they are cherishing this
land more then us? Or perhaps its not ironic. Perhaps it is logic, after
all the First Nations have been on this land for up to 50 000 years, and
such time come a cultural bond with the land.
It is HIGH TIME that non-Aboriginal Canadians woke up, and began to shake
off the shackles of apathy.
Apathy is destroying this country. The apathy of the masses is eating this
great nation from the inside out.

We as CANADIANS must be united. We must stand as one. Today, we stand with
the First Nations as one. We are all First Nations today. We are all
warriors in solidarity!

Bring signs, and express your outrage PEACEFULLY and NON VIOLENTLY.
However let your outrage be known **loud** and clear.
Let the 11th of January be a 'day of rage'. It's time we took back our
country from this out of control government. We must make our concerns
heard. We must spread the word. It IS our duty.

<http://www.woodlandgold.com>