[Sust-mar] Local Action Coordinators (2), Leadnow.ca, Prairies, Ottawa, Montreal or Atlantic Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Jan 25 13:47:12 EST 2013

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://GoodWork.ca ]

CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Local Action Coordinator

Contract dates: February 15th - May 31st, 2013
Location: Flexible. Preference for candidates able to work from home from the Prairies, Ottawa, Montreal, or Atlantic Canada.

Number of positions: 2
Hours: Independent contractor position, expected to require an average of approx. 40 hours per week
Application deadline: February 3rd, 2013. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged. Please send a cover letter and CV to maggie at leadnow.ca .

Leadnow.ca is looking for dedicated organizers passionate about working with people across the country to protect Canada's environment and stand up for our democracy. Each Local Action Coordinator will work with an action team of three other people, with support from other Leadnow.ca staff and volunteers.

Project overview: Leadnow.ca is planning to support a major national day of action to protest the federal government's anti-democratic and environmentally destructive actions on Earth Day, in April 2013.

Main Responsibilities:
• Reach out to national, regional, and local organizations planning events for Earth Day 2013
• Reach out and identify local hosts for specific actions of the Earth Day campaign.
• Confirm actions and ensure hosts have all the required material.
• Provide support for hosts by responding to emails, following through phone calls and monitoring host requests.
• Write template emails to respond to emails and requests.
• Write follow-up emails and evaluations to hosts.
• Assist in the drafting of the action guide and media advisories.

Core Qualifications:
• Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Experience coordinating and supporting volunteers
• Self-directed, self-motivated, and happy to take initiative to solve problems
• Comfortable with technology for online organizing (e.g. Skype)
• Ability to work flexible hours

Assets:
• Experience in grassroots organizing
• Strong knowledge of Canadian politics, environmentalism, and climate justice
• Social media, graphic design, and/or Wordpress savvy
• Bilingualism

To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to maggie at leadnow.ca by February 3rd, 2013. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged.

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
http://GoodWork.ca

Like us on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Follow GoodWork on twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
    or: http://planetfriendly.net/goodworksubscribe.html

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to sustainable job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.