[Sust-mar] International Cooperant Placement, f/t, Falls Brook Centre, Honduras, Cuba or Costa Rica, and Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Mar 27 12:21:51 EDT 2013

[Sustainable development jobs http://GoodWork.ca/developmentjobs/ ]

INTERNATIONAL COOPERANT OPPORTUNITY

Position: International Cooperant Placement
Type: overseas opportunity, cost-sharing, with airfare, weekly living allowance, more (see below)
Location: Honduras, Cuba or Costa Rica, and Canada

FBC International Cooperant Program

For over 20 years Falls Brook Centre has been welcoming individuals who have a keen desire to learn the practices and principles of land stewardship and restoration through growing food organically; propagating and planting native trees and shrubs; learning a diversity of practical land skills and contributing to our education and outreach initiatives.

This year, Falls Brook Centre is offering four international cooperant placements to contribute to our ongoing projects in Honduras, Cuba and Costa Rica.

We are looking for experienced applicants who are interested in this opportunity as a meaningful way to contribute their skills to projects both in rural New Brunswick and with our Southern partners. The internship will start June 3rd and run until the beginning of March 2014. Advance Spanish Language skills are required.

This is a self-financed endeavour and successful applicants will need to contribute $3500 up-front toward cost-sharing of the 10 month internship. In return, we will cover international airfare and travel insurance; a weekly $200 living allowance for expenses in New Brunswick and the southern placement; and the full cost to attend our 2013 Permaculture Design Certificate Course. We are committed to making this internship a learning and growing experience. These positions will require commitment, hard work, flexibility, taking personal responsibility and the ability to work as part of a larger team.

To apply, please send all applications by email:
Tegan Wong-Daugherty
Cooperant Programs Coordinator
Email: tegan at fallsbrookcentre.ca

Applications will only be accepted by e-mail. Applicants should electronically provide a cover letter, indicating the position(s) in which they are interested and highlighting their qualifications for this position, along with a resume and 2 references.

While Falls Brook Centre appreciates all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.

Deadline: Accepting applicants until all positions are filled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work Abroad
http://GoodWork.ca/workabroad

International / Sustainable Development Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca/developmentjobs/

Please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca

Green Jobs, Environmental Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to environmental job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find qualified candidates in any green/environmental field.

Facebook http://facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe http://GoodWork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.