[Sust-mar] PowerShift Atlantic Logistics/Outreach Organizer, f/t, OurClimate.ca, Halifax, NS

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Nov 15 14:10:22 EST 2013

[Environmental jobs - http://GoodWork.ca ]

JOB POSTING

Position: PowerShift Logistics/Outreach Atlantic Organizer
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Salary rate: $17/hr, 30hrs/week (hours increasing closer to PowerShift)
Duration: Immediately until after PowerShift
Closing date for applications: Rolling until hired
Start date: December 2013

PowerShift is the the largest climate justice gathering of its kind in Canada, and set the tone for the growth of the youth movement, and now we’re taking PowerShift regional.

As part of a global movement, PowerShift is a 4-5 day event that will take place in March 2014 in Halifax, NS. It will bring together hundreds of youth for trainings, mobilization and movement building. We are currently looking for a coordinator to work with the PowerShift organizing committee and working groups to make this happen.

SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:

The Organizer will work with National CYCC staff to build a local organizing team, working groups, core team of PowerShift, as well as volunteers to ensure that PowerShift reaches its goals. They will work to coordinate meetings, activities and more in a dynamic, multi-stakeholder organizing initiative that includes individuals and organizations. They will also work with staff to ensure that funding is secured and allocated properly, as well as working to develop volunteer recruitment and management plans. The exact roles and responsibilities will be dynamic and growing, constantly changing dependent on the development of PowerShift. PowerShift organizers may also take on roles working on related campaigns in the region, such as divestment.

Your responsibilities include:
• Organizing and facilitating an Atlantic PowerShift Organizing Team, including regular conference calls and meetings
• Overseeing and supporting the creation of PowerShift working groups
• Representing PowerShift/the CYCC in external meetings
• Facilitating the development and implementation of PowerShift activities
• Plan, lead and coordinate local activities.
• Recruit volunteers and work with volunteer/core team leaders to oversee and develop volunteer strategies
• Fundraising and coordination with Budget/Fundraising team to ensure financial goals are met
• Oversee development of PowerShift materials (physical and online)
• Web site and social media group regular updates.
• Responsible for regular work planning including submission of regular reports to the Organizing Team. Participate in all meetings required.
• Other responsibilities as required

You possess:
• Excellent leadership skills
• Excellent organizational, strategic planning, and time management skills
• Excellent facilitation skills
• Proven skills in recruiting, engaging and organizing volunteers
• Experience in volunteer management; good understanding of group dynamics
• Experience working with youth between the ages of 15-30
• Strong communications skills, both verbal and written in French and English
• Experience in public speaking
• Ability to be an articulate, informed, and motivational representative for PowerShift
• Proven judgement ,analytical and time management skills;
• Proven fundraising skills
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, good networking abilities;
• Ability to work on a team as well as independently;
• Extremely well-organized and able to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced work environment;
• Word processing and computer skills;
• Good knowledge of web-based social networks and new media
• A demonstrated commitment to climate justice
• The ability to work evenings and weekends on occasion

PowerShift/the Canadian Youth Climate Coalition welcomes the contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, and invites

Indigenous/First Nations People, people of colour, women, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, queer-oriented people, transgendered/gender-variant people, single parents, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants and people with disabilities to apply.

We encourage applicants to describe the contributions and experiences they as individuals who identify with marginalized communities, would bring to PowerShift in their cover letter.

Please submit your CV and cover letter to:
cycc.director at gmail.com

Please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca

Green Jobs, Environmental Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to environmental job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find qualified candidates in any green/environmental field.

Facebook http://facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe http://GoodWork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.