[Sust-mar] Exec Director, Nova Scotia Environmental Network, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Oct 25 12:00:13 EDT 2013

[Environmental jobs - http://GoodWork.ca/jobs ]

JOB POSTING

Position: NSEN Executive Director
Location: Nova Scotia

The Nova Scotia Environmental Network (NSEN) is looking for an Executive Director. This position will require leadership and vision, as the successful candidate will be the face of the Network and need to ensure key deliverables are achieved.

Background on the NSEN

NSEN is a provincial, non-partisan umbrella organization. Our mission is to connect environmental and health organizations together to conserve and enhance our natural environment and achieve a sustainable future for Nova Scotia. The purpose of the NSEN is to provide support for its members in their efforts to achieve their environmental and health goals, by facilitating information exchange and by providing a medium for coordinated action plans.

Job Description

We are looking for someone who can oversee key program areas in collaboration with our Water Caucus*, undertake organizational development & fundraising, and ensure the Network continues to play a vital role in communication, learning, and capacity-building for environmental groups in Nova Scotia.

Job Responsibilities:
• Leadership, outreach, and coordination of NSEN caucuses groups, as required
• Network with members to provide support as per NSEN mission and mandate
• Reporting directly to the Nova Scotia Environmental Network's board of directors
• Oversee day-to-day operation of the Nova Scotia Environmental Network (NSEN)
• Ensure key communication components are maintained consistently and in a professional manner (email, newsletter, website, social media, etc.)
• Organizing key event such as our AGM, awards, and regular meetings with government officials
• Provide supervision to volunteers as required.
• Provide project management for all components of Water Governance Model development in cooperation with member groups.
• Pursue funding opportunities for the NSEN.
• Provide project management, including budgeting, as required.
• Coordinate board meetings on a regular schedule.

Terms

This is a part-time position for 24 hours per week @ $15.00 per hour for 48 weeks. Continued employment &/or increased hours will rely on fundraising and program development.

Deadline to Apply

5:00 p.m. Atlantic Time, Wednesday, November 6th, 2013

Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Gretchen Fitzgerald, Chair of the NSEN, at:
gretchenf at sierraclub.ca

or call 902-444-3113 for more information on this position.

Please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca

Green Jobs, Environmental Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to environmental job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find qualified candidates in any green/environmental field.

Facebook http://facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe http://GoodWork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.