[Sust-mar] Ecology and Social Change, Tatamagouche, NS, Fri Nov 22 to Sun Nov 24, 2013

Planet Calendar p2 at planetfriendly.net
Sat Oct 26 13:54:49 EDT 2013

>From Canada's Eco-Calendar: http://PlanetCalendar.net
View this event: http://PlanetCalendar.net/event=17960

Ecology and Social Change
Fri Nov 22 to Sun Nov 24, 2013, Tatamagouche, NS

Ecology and Social Change:
Applied Insights from the Natural World with Marty Janowitz

We live in an interconnected world where societies and natural systems both share many attributes and challenges. How do we play constructive roles as activists, citizens and spiritually engaged practitioner?

This experiential weekend will include guided meditation and contemplations both on our seats and wandering amidst the natural beauties of Denma Ling (meditation retreat center)and a series of talks with ample time for discussion, dialogue and investigating our collective wisdom.

The practice, discussions and ideas from this gathering are intended to stimulate and challenge us to engage powerfully and creatively in the emergence of a truly sustainable and basically good world.

About Marty Janowitz

This event will be led by Marty Janowitz. During the past 20+ years Marty Janowitz has been involved with fellow Nova Scotians in efforts to realize the shared aspiration of a decent and flourishing society noted for its integrated environmental, social and economic vitality. He is currently Chair of the Nova Scotia Round Table on Environment and Sustainable Prosperity and the Authentic Leadership in Action Institute (ALIA). He was Executive Director of Clean Nova Scotia, President of the Nova Scotia Nature Trust, of Genuine Progress Indicators (GPI) Atlantic, and Chair of the Board of Naropa University.  Marty is Vice President Sustainable Development of Stantec, one of North America's premier environmental, design and planning consulting firms where his current focuses include community climate change adaptation, sustainable infrastructure and corporate social responsibility.

For more information:

Contact Name: Damita Brown
Website: http://dorjedenmaling.org/program-details/?id=148543
Phone: 902-657-9085