[Sust-mar] Executive Director, East Coast Environmental Law, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Sep 12 12:34:04 EDT 2013

[Environmental jobs - http://GoodWork.ca/jobs ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Executive Director
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

East Coast Environmental Law (ECELAW) is a non-profit environmental law organization seeking to fill the position of Executive Director. ECELAW responds to community inquiries, carries out legal and policy research and presents educational resources and opportunities to increase public awareness of environmental laws in Atlantic Canada. Our objective is to build capacity in the public and among legal practitioners so that we can work together to ensure that environmental laws are effectively used and strengthened.

The Executive Director of ECELAW is the key player in carrying out the organization's operations and programs in accordance with the policies and directives established by the Board of Directors and the Executive.

Qualifications:

The successful candidate must:
• have a strong knowledge of environmental law;
• have a strong knowledge of environmental issues;
• have management experience; and
• have the necessary skills to grow an organization.

The ideal candidate will:
• have a bachelor of laws/juris doctor and experience in the legal profession;
• have experience with fundraising, communications, and public relations;
• be comfortable working in collaborative multi-stakeholder settings; and
• be proficient with office and information technologies.

Job Description:

Reporting to the Chair or Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of ECELAW. His/her primary responsibility is to represent the organization and work to achieve ECELAW's mission and vision. As such, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall development, management, administration, and organization of all activities, programs and affairs including but not limited to the following:
• Law and advocacy through program planning and implementation;
• Communications and public relations;
• Operations, administration, and financial management;
• Fundraising, including development and generation of revenue;
• Governance and strategic planning (with the Board of Directors); and
• Human resources, including staff and student management and supervision.

A full job description is available online at http://www.ecelaw.ca. The position is part-time with the potential to move to full-time depending on the candidate and the financial position of the organization. The annual salary for part-time work will be commensurate with education and experience.

The deadline to apply is September 30, 2013. Please send resumes by e-mail to info at ecelaw.ca or mail to East Coast Environmental Law, 6061 University Ave., Halifax, N.S., B3H 4H9. Receipt will be acknowledged for all applications received, following which those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.

Please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca

Green Jobs, Environmental Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to environmental job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find qualified candidates in any green/environmental field.

Facebook http://facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe http://GoodWork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.