[Sust-mar] Residential Counsellors/Mentors, Therapeutic Farm, Sackville, NB

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Dec 1 21:12:32 EST 2014

* Work in local & sustainable food - http://FoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING

Position: Residential Counsellors/Mentors
Location: Sackville, New Brunswick

Open Sky Co-operative Ltd. is a therapeutic farm in Sackville NB, that provides residential, life skills, vocational and recreational programming to adults who face barriers due to social, developmental or mental health challenges. Working as companions, mentors and colleagues, we do organic farming, create community and enable skills, so that opportunities for balance and health, independence and employment are enhanced. People who benefit from our program are adults with autism spectrum disorders, and/or mental illnesses like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and/or mood disorders, who are motivated to improve their lives and independence.

We are seeking a full complement of 4-6 residential staff who will function as Mentors for a new resident, beginning January 5, 2015. There will be day-shift positions, evening/overnight-shift positions and weekend positions available, with regular schedules ranging from 20 to 40 hours per week. Pay rates are commensurate with experience, and vary by shift.

Mentors provide full time, dedicated support for residents to ensure their personal growth and well-being. They assist residents in their physical, social, emotional and daily life skills development through a customized health and wellness plan set by the Wellness Team. Residents live in community, integrated with program participants, volunteers, staff and members of Open Sky Co-operative as much as possible, and Mentors provide one-on-one customized programming designated for each resident as needed.

Successful candidates will be people who demonstrate balance in their own lives, who have previous experience with autism spectrum disorders or mental health care, and who are willing to participate in training (if needed) between Christmas and the New Year. An interest in working at the Open Sky organic farm, with gardens, chickens and goats, will be an asset. A criminal records check, as well as basic First Aid certification, are required for employment.

All Open Sky services are provided in English.

We welcome applications that include
• a one-page letter outlining your interest and experience
• a resume
• 2 references

by December 10th. Interviews will be held the week of December 15th. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

To apply, please email your application package to:

Margaret Tusz-King, Executive Director
Open Sky Co-operative Ltd.
12 Folkins Drive
Sackville NB E4L 1H9

info at openskyco-op.ca

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=27936

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca