[Sust-mar] Office & Volunteer Coordinator, f/t, Nova Scotia Nature Trust, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Dec 3 11:37:17 EST 2014

* Work in environment, conservation & nature: http://GoodWork.ca *

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Office & Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

The Nova Scotia Nature Trust is a land conservation charity dedicated to protecting and stewarding Nova Scotia's most special places, while educating and engaging Nova Scotians in nature conservation. Celebrating its 20th year, the Nature Trust has protected over 9,000 acres of ecologically significant land on 69 properties throughout Nova Scotia.

We are currently seeking an Office and Volunteer Coordinator to join our close-knit team. At the hub of the organization, you will be involved with every aspect of the Nature Trust's operations; managing the systems and daily functions of a very busy office, providing administrative support to the Executive Director, staff, and Board of Directors, and managing the Nature Trust's volunteer program.

Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Perform general reception duties.
• Respond to public inquiries or forward to appropriate staff member.
• Manage the general email address.
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail and courier shipments.
• Order office supplies.
• Change back-up drive daily and coordinate with IT Coordinator to maintain computer systems.
• Act as liaison with service providers, including office and building maintenance, and office machine repair.
• Set up new employees with computer accounts, alarm codes, and keys.
• Support work of Database Coordinator in maintaining up-to-date database records.
• Support book-keeping/finance staff, processing incoming monies and invoices, and maintaining petty cash balance.
• Support planning and organization of meetings, public events, and fundraising activities.
• Manage volunteer intake and scheduling, and volunteer appreciation activities.

The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills, including a high level of tact and discretion; superior organizational ability; and a high degree of proficiency and comfort with computer programs, especially MS Office. Capacity to track several tasks simultaneously and set priorities for completing work in a timely manner is essential.

Among other desirable assets:
• A university degree
• At least five years of work experience demonstrating competence related to the areas summarized above.
• Web page maintenance/management
• Graphic design and layout (Adobe Creative Suite)
• Experience managing a computer server system
• Experience with basic book-keeping/accounting
• Experience working with Raisers’ Edge
• Experience working in a non-profit/charitable environment
• Experience working with, and coordinating, volunteers
• Interest in conservation/environmental issues

A complete job description can be seen at:
http://www.nsnt.ca/pdf/14-12-02_office_and_volunteer_coordinator_job_description_web.pdf

Start Date: As soon as possible. The search committee is reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled.

Compensation: Commensurate with experience.

Application Process:

Please send cover letter, resume and list of 3 references to:
Nicole Arsenault, Outreach and Communications Manager
Nova Scotia Nature Trust, PO Box 2202 Halifax, NS B3J3C4
Email: nature at nsnt.ca
Fax: 429-5263

Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates. We do greatly appreciate your interest in the work of the Nature Trust!

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=27966

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca