[Sust-mar] Chef, Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort, accom., Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Thu Dec 18 10:17:46 EST 2014

* Work in local & sustainable food - http://FoodWork.ca *

JOB OPPORTUNITY

Position: Chef
Website: http://www.cabotshores.com
Location: Indian Brook, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

Looking for the experience it takes to run your own restaurant? Eventually make Cabot Shores' Bistro your place?

A place where your passion sows for garden-to-table? Even ocean-to-table?

You will be part of a team that serves the guests and community of Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort and Retreat Centre on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Cabot Shores is eco-friendly on 55 acres on the ocean and Indian Brook--chalets lodge, yurts, tipis, right on the Cabot Trail. Our Bistro's focus is on healthy, local ingredients — many of which are harvested from our own organic garden. We are in a remote area, and the right candidate should be willing to be creative and resourceful with what is available. This opportunity is perfect for someone looking to work hard, enjoy the outdoors and be a key part of a team. Visit our website or Facebook page to find out more: http://www.cabotshores.com or facebook.com/cabotshores.

Candidate requirements:
• Experience preparing for vegan, gluten-free and/or other special diets
• Self-directed, tidy and keeps a clean kitchen
• Is able to cook for groups, individuals, couples and families
• Does the job from start to finish
• Is willing to use produce from our gardens, be creative and use what is available

The right candidate will be expected to:
• Prepare meals for our bistro that include seafood, meat and vegetarian/world cuisine
• Prepare menus and meals for groups and retreats
• Prepare menus and meals available for after hours
• Manage inventory and order supplies
• Manage and oversee safety practices and equipment

Besides traditional chef and kitchen manager requirements, you will be encouraged to involve guests in a complete "food experience", whether with our outdoor wood-fired pizza oven, preparing the food for a fire along a trail or beach; doing plank salmon or roasted veggies or meat over a wood-fire, preparing locally caught mackerel or trout for our smoker or teaching a cooking class...

The position currently is seasonal (June - October 2015).

Lodging is available on premise.

Have a look at our website http://www.cabotshores.com and let us know specifically what you would bring a Chef to the Cabot Shores' community. And what you'd be interested in learning.

Please send your cover letter and resume and references to Barbara Weinberg via email:
barbara at cabotshores.com

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/job=28116

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms