[Sust-mar] Assistant Manager, f/t, Whynot Adventure, Kejimkujik National Park, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Feb 10 13:28:51 EST 2014

[Environment, conservation & nature jobs - www.GoodWork.ca ]

JOB POSTING

Position: Assistant Manager
Website: http://www.whynotadventure.ca
Location: Kejimkujik National Park, Nova Scotia

Employment Description

Whynot Adventure is looking for a talented person to help manage our rental and guiding business located at Jake’s Landing, in Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site. We’re hoping to find someone who can demonstrate a deep passion for time spent in the wilderness while balancing it with the managerial and administrative demands of the position. Although not all aspects of this position are glamorous, you will not find a better office view elsewhere.

This position will be responsible for managing staff through delegation of tasks, cutting shifts during slow periods, and providing training where necessary. In addition to management, this position will also attend to the administrative side of the business. This includes email correspondence with guests, answering and returning phone calls, and familiarization and deployment of WA reservation and risk management procedures. If the candidate possesses prior knowledge and experience guiding, there may exist an opportunity to guide groups on backcountry canoe trips.

Beyond the confines of the office we’ll expect that this position be able to assist guests into and out of the boats, demonstrate safe boating procedures and instruct proper paddling technique. As a manager, this position will also be trusted to operate the shuttle vehicle and transport guests and gear throughout the park.

Employment perks include free use of WA adventure equipment and gear (depending on availability), and during the shoulder season a subsidy for park exploration.

Qualifications:
• Ability to work independently
• Must demonstrate punctuality
• Prior adventure tourism experience
• Wilderness and remote first aid
• Class 5 drivers license

Assets:
• Paddle Canada (CKNS, or similar) paddling certification
• NLS Bronze Cross
• Prior experience in Kejimkujik and the Tobeatic
• Knowledge and interest in natural history and park history
• Adventure tourism diploma

Hiring will begin in March, 2014. Work will begin between May and July, depending on availability of positions. Contract will run until mid-October 2014.

Please send your resume and cover letter to:
info at whynotadventure.ca

Please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca

Green Jobs, Environmental Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to environmental job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find qualified candidates in any green/environmental field.

Facebook http://facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe http://GoodWork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.