[Sust-mar] Bio-Caching in the Bluff for Families

Paul Berry jpaulberry65 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:28:44 EDT 2014

*Bio-Caching in the Bluff for Families*

*Saturday July 19th, 2014: 10 am - 4 pm*

Rain date
Sunday July 20th, 2014: 10 am - 4 pm

Join us for a day of wilderness adventures and exploration on The Bluff
Trail with your family. Learn how to use a compass.

Kids will be *biocaching* - hunting for natural treasures, e.g., tripe
lichens, white pine, old growth spruce, cucumber plant, animal signs using
only a map and compass. Different bio-caching activities for different age
groups. They'll also be asked to complete backwoods activities such as
paddling a canoe on Cranberry Lake (with parents).

Bring a compass and a digital camera if you have them and a sense of
adventure. (We will provide some compasses; digital camera is optional and
each group leader will have one). We'll provide the maps to find these
natural wonders and some environmental education to go along with them!

Children should be able to walk at least 2-3 km.
Ages 5-15 years welcome.

Everyone should bring at least 750 mL water, lunch, snacks, hats, suntan
protection and a whistle. For more detail on the event go to:

http://wrweo.ca/parkevent

At this point, we are still working out finer details and would love to
have some members volunteer for the event. If you are interested in helping
with planning or supervising on the day please let us know.

cheers, David, Rich, Nanci

on behalf of the WRWEO Board of Directors