[Sust-mar] Mary Majka Scholarship Fund

Christopher Majka c.majka at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 27 09:56:42 EDT 2014

Friends,

You may be interested in the establishment of the Mary Majka Scholarship Fund by Nature NB:

	Mary Majka Scholarship Fund
	http://www.naturenb.ca/get-involved/mary-majka-scholarship-fund/

The Mary Majka Scholarship Fund was established in 2014 by Nature NB to honour the legacy of one of our founding members, Mary Majka, with the intent to further youth engagement with nature and our natural heritage.

Mary Majka was an environmental pioneer, TV host, wildlife rehabilitator and outdoor educator…a driving force behind New Brunswick’s first conservation organizations. But it was her fervent defence and preservation of cultural heritage, sensitive habitats, and the wild creatures that share our world that most influenced those around her.

To learn more about Mary Majka and her work see:

	Mary Majka: Ninety years of conservation and environmentalism
	http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/christophermajka/2014/06/mary-majka-ninety-years-conservation-and-environmentalism

Best wishes,

Christopher Majka