[Sust-mar] Executive Director, f/t, Conservation Fund, Toronto or Chester, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu May 15 14:16:53 EDT 2014

* Jobs in environment, conservation & nature - http://GoodWork.ca *

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Executive Director
Location: Toronto, Ontario or Chester, Nova Scotia

The International Conservation Fund of Canada (ICFC) is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization as we grow to acquire a national presence and international stature.

ICFC is the only Canadian charity to focus solely on conserving nature in the tropics and other priority areas worldwide. ICFC identifies the best conservation opportunities and works with carefully selected local partners. Since 2007 we have achieved lasting gains with our programs, which are primarily in Latin America, and also in Southeast Asia and Africa.

We are a non-bureaucratic organization with a reputation for making quick decisions, being flexible in adapting program activities to maximize conservation benefits, and adding value in planning and managing projects. Our model of working with highly capable local field partners allows us to remain lean and flexible. The model can readily be scaled up; there is no shortage of good opportunities. We value transparency and clear, accurate information.

The Executive Director will report to the Board of ICFC, and during an initial transition period, will work closely with ICFC's two founders, who are its current Managing Directors. The position will be located in either Chester, Nova Scotia or the Toronto area.

Responsibilities:
• Devise organizational strategy and goals in consultation with the Board.
• Lead development of new conservation partnerships and programs.
• Appoint, manage and coach staff; work closely with the Board and senior volunteers.
• Develop, implement and monitor the annual operating plan.
• Develop the budget with the Financial Officer.
• Lead development efforts including policies and procedures, the donor cycle and oversight of senior fundraising volunteers.
• Develop and implement a fundraising plan that includes individual, corporate and foundation giving, including major gifts, annual giving, sponsorship, planned giving, and grants.
• Communicate ICFC's work to donors, prospects and the general public through presentations, publications and meetings.

Requirements:
• Degree(s) in business, science, or a related field
• Knowledge of and commitment to conservation
• Senior leadership experience, ideally in the non-profit sector
• Good organizational, management and administrative skills
• Demonstrated fundraising experience and ability, including securing major gifts and grants
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Regard for the accuracy of information
• Strong social skills: warmth, tact and good judgment in communicating with donors and prospective supporters; comfortable with highly successful people

Desirable attributes:
• Experience and/or interest in tropical conservation
• Experience in Latin America or other developing countries
• Business experience
• Fluency in Spanish

To apply:

Please provide a resume and cover letter via email to:
job at ICFCanada.org by June 15, 2014.