[Sust-mar] Summer Set-Up weekend, May 22-25, lovely time contributing to a sustainability-focused retreat centre

Nyima Wimberly nyima.wongchuk at gmail.com
Sat May 17 11:45:20 EDT 2014

Hello, friends.

I'm passing on the following event as it includes a chance to tour and
possibly contribute toward a number of sustainability-based projects,
including Atlantic Canada's first hempcrete (or hemp-lime masonry) building
and a large root cellar (funded in part by the EAC).

I've been to this event many times and I highly recommend it. It's a chance
to get outside for a few days, meet great people, and to contribute to an
excellent organization that has been increasingly dedicated to promoting
sustainability in the region. I always feel like it's a vacation!

The following notice ends with more information about the retreat centre,
Dorje Denma Ling.

See you next weekend,

John Wimberly

======================

Join us for a few days of work, meditation, and celebration, as we prepare
the land for the busy summer season. We provide food, housing, and $25/day
of program credit toward retreats at Dorje Denma Ling.

This is a great opportunity to enjoy nature, meet new friends, and
contribute to the excellent work that Dorje Denma Ling and its staff offers
to others all year around.

-New to meditation? We'd be glad to introduce you to the practice.
-We'll have a bonfire and a celebration.
-Take a tour of our hempcrete building, the first hemp-lime masonry
construction project in Atlantic Canada!
-And much more...

Please invite your friends! The more the merrier!

Contact us if you have any questions.
________________________________

Register online at http://dorjedenmaling.org/program-details/?id=163859
Or by phone at (902) 657-9085

Invite others through social media with the Summer Set-Up Facebook event
page athttp://www.facebook.com/events/754141081285349/

*We’re proud to be supporting an innovative Nova Scotia-based currency
alternative, called “Cred”, by offering it instead of program credit for
those who are interested. For more information on cred, visit
http://www.facebook.com/credexperiment

________________________________

More on Dorje Denma Ling:

For more than 20 years, Dorje Denma Ling has served as a residential
retreat centre in the heart of the Shambhala Community. With humble
beginnings as a space for small group retreats and several summer
gatherings, it has grown into a year-round, multi-facility hub for the
Shambhala teachings, Buddhist programs, sustainability, applied
mindfulness, professional development, and all things related to creating
good society.

Recently Dorje Denma Ling moved forward on several projects that place us
at the vanguard of sustainability and long-term vision in Shambhala and the
region, including the construction of Atlantic Canada's first hempcrete (or
hemp-lime masonry) building. We believe that Shambhala has a great deal to
offer to the world, and we're putting it into practice with resilient,
sustainable, and creative development and good collaboration with the
greater Nova Scotia community. We look forward to your visit and the chance
to share more about our vision.