[Sust-mar] Upcoming Climate Change Events / Prochains événements sur le changement climatique

EOS Eco-Energy eos at nb.aibn.com
Wed Nov 19 10:22:52 EST 2014

Good morning friends, members and colleagues!

Below are upcoming events related to climate change adaptation and mitigation that may be of interest.

-Amanda Marlin

Executive Director
==========

Bonjour!

Ci-dessous sont les événements à venir liés au changement climatique, l'adaptation et l'atténuation.

-Amanda Marlin

Directrice générale

Responding to Climate Risk / Répondre aux risques climatiques
==========

Below is a public invitation to a New Brunswick Environmental Network event focused on climate risk reduction:

Responding to Climate Risk

Working across all sectors to advance adaptation in NB

Dec 4, Fredericton

Explore mapping tools, learn about Perth-Andover's experience with relocation, and discuss storm water management in cities as well as ideas on using natural assets towards risk reduction.

**Early bird discount available until November 20th!**

[Register today!](http://www.nben.ca/en/component/content/article/25-temp/223-advancing-climate-change-adaptation-in-nb)

http://www.nben.ca/en/component/content/article/25-temp/223-advancing-climate-change-adaptation-in-nb
==========

Répondre aux risques climatiques

Travailler auprès de tous les secteurs afin de faire avancer l'adaptation au N.-B.

4 décembre, Fredericton

Explorez les outils de cartographie, apprenez-en davantage sur la délocalisation à Perth-Andover et

discutez de gestion des eaux pluviales dans les villes et d’idées sur comment incorporer les biens naturels afin de réduire les risques.

**Le rabais pour inscription hâtive est offert jusqu’au 20 novembre!**

[Inscrivez-vous dès aujourd’hui!](http://www.nben.ca/fr/component/content/article/223-advancing-climate-change-adaptation-in-nb)

http://www.nben.ca/fr/component/content/article/223-advancing-climate-change-adaptation-in-nb

New Brunswick Environmental Network

Réseau environnemental du Nouveau-Brunswick

167 Creek Rd, Waterford, NB, E4E 4L7

Tel: (506) 433-6101

Fax: (506) 433-6111

http://www.nben.ca

http://www.renb.ca

Pathway to Paris
==========

Below is information about an initiative from Sustainability Solutions Group (SSG) related to upcoming climate action talks in Paris 2015:

In December 2015, the world’s leaders will gather in Paris, France to finalise negotiations for an ambitious global agreement that limits the world to a less than a two degree Celsius rise in global temperature. Many believe it is the most significant global negotiation with towns and cities having a critical role to play.

“Local government is where the rubber hits the road when it comes to responding to the human impacts of climate change. We fully support funding for cities, towns and municipalities for their registered adaptation actions.” Margareta Wahlström, The Special Representative of the UN Secretary General for Disaster Risk Reduction

What does this mean for municipalities?

Many municipalities in Canada have completed climate action or community energy plans and have established GHG emissions reductions targets. The Paris negotiations lend new urgency to those efforts, a new opportunity to reengage, reframe, reconsider and reinvigorate.

What you will receive?

Over the next year, SSG will investigate and enquire to provide you with the answers to the key climate change questions municipalities are asking:

What and what else can my community do to reduce GHG emissions?

How can my community engage in the negotiations?

What are other communities committing to do?

What are other sectors of society doing?

What are the highlights of key reports on climate change science, investment, energy technologies that will be released in the run-up to the Paris meeting?

We will deliver this information through a biweekly newsletter, periodic webinars and e-dialogues. During UN negotiations in Lima (December, 2014) and Paris (December, 2015), we will provide a live stream of developments through @SSG_News and a digest in the newsletter. Our goal is to empower municipalities, counties and regional districts in transitioning to a low carbon existence.

Who should pay attention to this?

Municipal, County and Regional District staff, elected officials.

What should you do now?

Sign up [here](http://sustainabilitysolutions.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=fe4ce1e5e0a39a921d727b705&id=b2d7f7433f) for the newsletter and share with colleagues.

What is the Pathway to Paris initiative?

Pathway to Paris is a unique endeavour that bridges several of SSG’s key areas of focus: municipalities, cooperatives and the cultural industries*. We are building bridges between each of these areas to confront one of the greatest challenges we have ever faced: climate change.

Why are we doing this?

SSG is a workers cooperative; one of the seven principles of cooperation is concern for community. This is our effort to manifest that principle.

There are discussions happening at a high level that affect every single person on this planet, to step up and be responsible for their impact on their local environment. As a municipality, who also represents you and I, we encourage you to pay attention to our feed over the next year. Not only to keep abreast of the decisions that affect you, but to have a foot in where there is opportunity to thrive.. and dare we say it, have fun. [Join now!](http://sustainabilitysolutions.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=fe4ce1e5e0a39a921d727b705&id=b2d7f7433f)

Sustainability Solutions Group

11 Alex Cox Rd

Tatamagouche, NS B0K1V0

Canada

pathwaytoparis at sustainabilitysolutions.ca

Semaine de change climatique de Tantramar Climate Change Week 2015

EOS and the organizing committee are beginning to plan Tantramar Climate Change Week 2015! It will take place in February 2015. It you would like to volunteer on the committee or organize an event or activity, please get in touch with EOS at eos at nb.aibn.com or 506-536-4487. Climate Change Week takes place across the region in Memramcook, Dorchester, Sackville, Port Elgin and all points in between.

Web Version
https://madmimi.com/p/1a5195?fe=1&pact=26362020505

Unsubscribe
https://go.madmimi.com/opt_out?fe=1&pact=26362020505