[Sust-mar] Press Release: REALLY LOCAL HARVEST BASKETS

Mathieu D'Astous mathieu at recoltedecheznous.com
Mon Oct 27 10:03:21 EDT 2014

Greetings all,

Please take note of the attached press release concerning
the new Really Local Harvest Baskets project.

Have a great week!

Mathieu D'Astous
Directeur Général / Executive Director
La Récolte de Chez Nous / Really Local Harvest Coop
Tel: (506) 854-8557, Fax: (506) 854-5119
mathieu at recoltedecheznous.com
www.recoltedecheznous.com
www.agroexperiencesnb.com
www.marchedieppemarket.com

The Really Local Harvest Co-op launches its « Harvest Baskets »

Dieppe. October 27 2014. The Really Local Harvest Co-op is launching a new local food basket distribution service that will contain products from its farmer members as well as local food artisans. Harvest Baskets will make use of the same system that is currently providing
local food to 25 schools from the Francophone Sud School District. It is a weekly rendezvous with our region’s flavours.

The Really Local Harvest Co-op is a non-for profit cooperative that was created in the year 2000 and that now has 30 members. The co-op’s mandate is to promote its members products, to help producers improve their viability and to promote sustainable farming practices. Amongst others, the co-op is responsible for the management of the Dieppe Market as well as the “farm to cafeteria” service, distributing local food to over 8,000 students in southeastern NB.

People that subscribe to the Really Local Harvest Baskets will receive tasty fruits and vegetables, meats and a variety of local products from our region’s farmers and food artisans. According to the co-op’s president, Mr. Alain Rousselle (ALVA Farm) “Harvest Baskets are an easy way to discover and re-discover our region’s best products, delivered each week near your home or workplace.” The project will contribute to the viability of our region’s producers while reducing the impact of food transportation on climate change. Subscribers will also receive delicious recipes and suggestions on how to prepare and preserve local foods as well as information on the farmers and artisans that are involved.

People can now subscribe to the harvest baskets. The first delivery week is planned for November 18th. To find out more come visit the Harvest Basket kiosk at the Dieppe Market on Saturday November 1st and 8th or contact us at (506) 961-2267 or by e-mail, paniers at recoltedecheznous.com.

- 30 -

Info: Marina Henderson: (506) 961-2267, 743-6993