[Sust-mar] Blue Flag New Brunswick Coordinator, f/t, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Aug 5 08:46:50 EDT 2015

* Work in environment, conservation & nature: http://GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING

Position: Blue Flag New Brunswick Coordinator http://GoodWork.ca/999113
Location: New Brunswick

POSITION TYPE: Full Time Contract Position (20 weeks)

Environmental Defence (http://www.environmentaldefence.ca) is Canada's most effective environmental action organization. We challenge and inspire change in government, business and people to ensure a greener, healthier and prosperous life for all.

JOB SUMMARY:

We seek a highly organized, experienced, and outgoing individual to fill the role of Blue Flag New Brunswick Coordinator. Reporting to the Blue Flag Program Manager, the Blue Flag New Brunswick Coordinator is responsible for the promotion and expansion of the Blue Flag program (http://www.environmentaldefence.ca/issues/blue-flag-canada ) at beaches and marinas in New Brunswick.

Please note that the successful candidate must be resident of New Brunswick.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct outreach to prospective Blue Flag candidates
• Identify opportunities to promote the Blue Flag program, i.e. community events
• Conduct feasibility studies for potential Blue Flag beaches and marinas
• Liaise with community partners that act as local representatives for the program
• Liaise with beach managers and public health units and support their efforts
• Work together with the Clean Foundation (http://www.clean.ns.ca) to set up and administer a Maritimes Blue Flag Jury

SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated experience in project management
• An understanding of environmental issues related to coastal environments
• Strong communications, writing and organizational skills
• Computer skills including use of MS Office
• College or university degree in related field is an asset
• Excellent leadership and motivational skills

PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Commitment to Environmental Defence’s vision and mission
• Sound judgement and the ability to work independently
• Outgoing and effective at communicating persuasively
• A strong interest in environmental and public health issues
• Ability to meet deadlines
• High level of initiative and self motivation
• Flexible and adaptable
• Highly organized

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:

**MUST BE RESIDENT OF NEW BRUNSWICK**

Valid New Brunswick Driver’s License

Must be able to travel and accommodate a schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.

Applications must be submitted by Monday, August 17, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.

Please direct your application BY EMAIL to:
hr at environmentaldefence.ca

Include “Blue Flag New Brunswick Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.

Environmental Defence is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=31199

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca