[Sust-mar] What's the most important group you've never heard of?

Helen Jones helenjones555 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 15:08:16 EST 2015

Hi Sust-marians,

*Regeneration International (RI)* is a new organization that knows that carbon
sequestration in soils can be *hugely* increased by organic agriculture
methods.     http://regenerationinternational.org/

*In short, if we fix the soil, we can cool the planet and feed the world.*

This is a valid and an effective form of geo-engineering to remediate
climate change ... and can gain us crucial time to make other essential
changes.

More info:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_sequestration

http://regenerationinternational.org/2015/11/12/soil-carbon-sequestration-to-mitigate-climate-change/

Learning of the Regeneration International initiative is welcome
encouraging news to me.

I hope you will seriously consider publicizing and supporting it.

Regards,

Helen Jones

*Regeneration International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to building
a global network of farmers, scientists, businesses, activists, educators,
journalists, governments and consumers who will promote and put into
practice regenerative agriculture and land-use practices that: provide
abundant, nutritious food; revive local economies; rebuild soil fertility
and biodiversity; and restore climate stability by returning carbon to the
soil, through the natural process of photosynthesis.*

On a related topic, Regeneration International has joined with other
organizations to put Monsanto on trial for Crimes against Human Health and
the Environment in the International People’s Court in The Hague.

      - December 3, 2015 Press Release

https://www.organicconsumers.org/press/global-food-farming-and-environmental-justice-groups-put-monsanto-trial-crimes-against-human