[Sust-mar] ACIC summer student Communications Assistant job posting
Janelle at acic-caci.org
Wed Feb 11 15:06:31 EST 2015
Summer Student Co-op Position: Communications Assistant
The Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC) is a coalition of individuals, organizations, and institutions working in the Atlantic region, which are committed to achieving global sustainability in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity, and participation for all. ACIC supports its members in international cooperation and education through collective leadership, networking, information, training and coordination, and represents their interests when dealing with government and others.
ACIC also takes a leadership role in engaging Atlantic Canadians around issues relating to international development, global sustainability, and social justice. Through our public engagement work, ACIC strives to give Atlantic Canadians the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to become active global citizens.
We currently have over 70 members, including national organizations and grassroots organizations from across the Atlantic Provinces. For more information, please refer to our website at www.acic-caci.org<http://www.acic-caci.org/>.
ACIC is looking for a responsible, experienced person for a contract position of Communications Coordinator (internal). The Communications Coordinator will work with ACIC staff responsible for the areas of membership and communications and will:
* Draft communications materials, including e-bulletins, blogs and newsletters
* Assist in implementing ACIC's communications strategy
* Maintain social media presence across Twitter and Facebook
* Update website as required
* Assist with marketing and public engagement activities
* Plan and draft media releases, advisories and press kits for activities and announcements
* Research and compile resource materials targeted to a youth audience
* Research and compile materials related to 40th anniversary project
* Assist with logistics for Annual General Meeting and symposium, including registration, catering, travel arrangements, etc.
* other activities as required
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
* Background in Communications, Public relations, Journalism or equivalent
* Knowledge of NGO international development and community groups in the Atlantic
* Experience using social media and web platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Square Space, WordPress)
* Experience creating promotional materials with Adobe Suite
* Experience in editing, layout, and publishing of newsletters and other documents;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills - bilingual in English and French an asset;
* Experience organizing logistics for workshops, conferences, and other events
* Ability to work independently.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Excellent computer and graphic design skills
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following conditions:
a) A student who is a resident of Nova Scotia for at least 6 months prior to this work term.
b) A student enrolled in a Cooperative education program and attending one of the following:
-a post-secondary institution and returning to the same institution in the Fall of the current year
- a post-secondary institution and transferring to another in the Fall of the current year
- a Grade 12 graduate who will be attending post-secondary institution full-time in the Fall of the current year
Location: Halifax, NS
Salary: $13.00/hour, 35 hours per week
Application deadline: March 5th, 2015 at 4 PM (AST)
Interviews: March 13th, 2015
Start date: May 19th
End Date: August 24th
Please submit your resume, cover letter, the names and contact information of three references, and where you saw this posting in one document, by e-mail at hiring at acic-caci.org<mailto:hiring at acic-caci.org>. Please also ensure that you indicate the job title in your subject line.
Thank you for applying. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview. Please note that this position is dependent on receipt of funding from the Nova Scotia Government under the Student Career Skills Development Program (SCSDP).
ACIC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of Canadian communities. As such, we strongly encourage First Nations people and members of a visible minority to apply.
Communications and Public Engagement Officer
Atlantic Council for International Cooperation
210-2099 Gottingen St., Halifax, NS B3K 3B2
(t) 902.431.2311 (f) 431.3216
(w) www. acic-caci.org<http://www.acic-caci.org/>
Join us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlantic-Council-for-International-Cooperation/100593573368049>
Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/#!/acic>!
If you don't want to receive emails from ACIC please reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sust-mar